Occasional Visitor

Help finding my Sleep Number

I've been shopping sleep number beds for some time and have settled on what I want. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like the price on a FLEX-TOP King-size iLE, base, sleep IQ. Of course, since it is a flex-top you must buy their sheets or be a crafty sewer.                                                                                                                                                        I've waited 4yrs, hoping that y'all would have the FLEX-TOP King.

Please, add this wonderful bed design to your line-up. And let me know before my husband makes me get a lesser bed!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Help finding my Sleep Number

@bebe3 wrote:

I've been shopping sleep number beds for some time and have settled on what I want. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like the price on a FLEX-TOP King-size iLE, base, sleep IQ. Of course, since it is a flex-top you must buy their sheets or be a crafty sewer.                                                                                                                                                        I've waited 4yrs, hoping that y'all would have the FLEX-TOP King.

Please, add this wonderful bed design to your line-up. And let me know before my husband makes me get a lesser bed!!

@bebe3

I too was looking at getting the Flex Top King.  I went to a Sleep Number store and tried out several of the beds.  After much debate, I ended up going with the Split-King ajustable and am very thankful for that decision.  I thought I'd never use the adjustable foot of the bed until I had a partial tear of my ACL last Fall.  It came in so handy to be able to raise it a bit and help alleviate some of the pain.  It also makes finding sheets so much easier.  I did purchase some of the sheets from Sleep Number but find they're not my favorite ones.  I really don't like the ones that have a silky feel as they typically don't stay on the bed, especially if I'm adjusting the head or foot.

I did go to other stores and tried out their mattresses but nothing compared to the Sleep Number.  I can't imagine ever going with a lesser mattress again.  I also tried the Sleep Number pillows and didn't like them....definitely prefer My Pillow. 

I would at least try the TSV from today.  You have 100 days to try it and if you don't love it, send it back.  You won't get that deal on any other mattress.

Whatever you decide, enjoy! Smiley Happy

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You don't have to buy their sheets. I have found a very nice set for our split king adjustable Sleep Number on Amazon. And VERY inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe3  These new fangled beds with all of the bells & whistles certainly are expensive and the minute you walk into a bed/sleep store the sales reps pounce on you to lay down and try them.  They set up their stores with the best most pricey ones right inside the door too.

Don't be sucked in by their prowess.  Certainly try MANY styles.  You can find a great one for even a greater night's sleep for not so much money. 

Most importantly, buy local.  Don't buy a bed from a tv channel.  What happens if you decide you really don't like the choice you made?  Just saying.

Frequent Contributor

@froggy wrote:

You don't have to buy their sheets. I have found a very nice set for our split king adjustable Sleep Number on Amazon. And VERY inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YJIDS2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@froggy

The Flex King is different from the split King.  With the Flex, only the top is adjustable whereas with the Split, it's two twin beds.   Therefore, you are forced to either buy the sheets from Sleep Number or make your own. 

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Respected Contributor

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YJIDS2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@froggy

The Flex King is different from the split King.  With the Flex, only the top is adjustable whereas with the Split, it's two twin beds.   Therefore, you are forced to either buy the sheets from Sleep Number or make your own. 

@BrattyOne2

Aaah! I see - it's only split at the top. Bummer!