Trusted Contributor

Help!! Serta Mattress TSV

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know anything about this?  I don't want to end up with a floppy, "valley in the middle" matress Smiley Sad  I've done that before.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help!! Serta Mattress TSV

My advice:  don’t buy a mattress sold on TV.  Go shopping wearing comfortable clothes suitable for testing mattress comfort and pick the one that feels good and you can imagine sleeping on for maybe 10 years. 

No matter what the features are as described by QVC, comfort cannot be proven viewed through a screen. If the price for the Serta TSV is just right, use it for a guideline to purchase in person so you won’t be upsold by a mattress salesperson. 

Valley in the middle after short use is a sign of a cheap, poorly constructed mattress. You can buy one in person or on TV if you don’t ask questions and do some prior research to know what materials and manufacturing methods are ideal.  Determine the warranty conditions as well. 

Good luck and good dreams!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a mattress from Evine about 5 years ago.It’s the best mattress we have ever slept on.It’s a pillow top. It really molds to your body & provides perfect support.

Honored Contributor

Does it have just a 10 year warranty? When QVC started having mattresses as TSV's, they had much longer warranties. I truly think a mattress should last fifteen years - to me, ten years is just a piece of junk. Bet it will get tossed out in five years.

Esteemed Contributor

I just can’t deal with memory foam at all.  Even as a topper.  Weird right?  

Respected Contributor

I purchased a Serta mattress from QVC seven years ago and I'm still getting great sleep. 

Super Contributor

They are not going to tell you anything other than it’s the best mattress on the planet, are they? Go to a store and try one out. Easy pay isn’t worth a bad purchase. Stores have 0% financing. 

Valued Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I just can’t deal with memory foam at all.  Even as a topper.  Weird right?  

I don't think it's weird. I'm the same way!

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I bought a mattress from Evine about 5 years ago.It’s the best mattress we have ever slept on.It’s a pillow top. It really molds to your body & provides perfect support.

I bought a Serta mattress from ShopNBC(Evine) 15 YEARS AGO and I need a new mattress.  I was extremely satisfied with the purchase, the delivery and the price (about the same as the Serta on QVC today).

I'm tempted to buy the TSV today but have 2 questions:  (1) How would I judge whether my box spring from my old mattress is still good, and

(2) The reliability of the delivery service set up by QVC,

I have gone into the stores to "test" mattresses and in the "medium" category I could not find any appreciable difference among all the different brands.  Also, a LOT of extra charges for delivery and removing my old mattress.

Respected Contributor

I will never understand why anyone would even consider buying a mattress from a sales pitch on tv.