Honored Contributor

Heads Up! For those buying the new Lug TSV...

[ Edited ]

During a Lug show this afternoon, while Kristen was presenting another Lug item - F13926, she brushed up against the table. By doing so, the copper brown TSV she was wearing crossbody opened up during the 2nd half of the presentation. The turn lock 'turned' on the front pocket which opened up the pocket and showed everything on the inside. She continued to present the other bag UNKNOWING the TSV was open!!!

If you watch the video for F13926, at the 6:38 mark you will see when the pocket opens.

If that is not a red flag, I don't know what is...

NOT very secure...so keep that in mind folks...

I'm not ordering because I use a flip phone. However, if I was going to purchase, that would be a deal breaker for sure!

It should be a zipper!

Honored Contributor

Re: Heads Up! For those buying the new Lug TSV...

@Susan Louise. I didn't see it but perhaps the host just hadn't fastened the turn lock properly in the first  place.  I've never had a problem with any of mine on any brand staying closed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Susan Louise. I didn't see it but perhaps the host just hadn't fastened the turn lock properly in the first  place.  I've never had a problem with any of mine on any brand staying closed.

@Pearlee Anyone can easily brush up against anything while doing things and this can happen. It is the pocket that holds credit cards and they would be exposed...and money/other important items...not a plain pocket to hold just a roll of lip gloss or a tissue.

Respected Contributor

I really like the TSV bag but I decided not to buy because the wallet front flap is open at the sides.  I would have bought it if there was an all around zipper instead of the turn lock.  I would not feel secure with only the turn lock.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Regular Contributor

Credit cards are slightly visible from the side of the wallet when it is closed and fastened. This is a design flaw for me.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee    I have a slightly different style Lug bag with the turn lock.  I no longer use it because the turn lock will not turn unless you use one hand to turn and the other to support it from the back.  The nylon material doesn't provide enough support.  It's very annoying when you're in a hurry.  I never had it open without me turning it, however. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee Anyone can easily brush up against anything while doing things and this can happen. It is the pocket that holds credit cards and they would be exposed...and money/other important items...not a plain pocket to hold just a roll of lip gloss or a tissue.

@Susan Louise  YES saw the video of it early this morning (I didn't see the presentation you described) so I saw that compartment.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Susan Louise  YES saw the video of it early this morning (I didn't see the presentation you described) so I saw that compartment.

@Pearlee   If you watch the video for F13926, at the 6:38 mark you will see when the pocket opens...and Kristen continues presenting the other bag!

Respected Contributor

I noticed earlier when Alberti and Kristen were on together, Alberti jumped up and down (can’t remember why) and the front of the bag opened up (Alberti had the copper brown bag around his waist).  At the time I wondered if he possibly didn’t secure the turn lock (but I don’t know).  I also noticed you can see the edges of the credit cards and thought if I were to order it I would not use that wallet part for my credit cards.  I agree that a zipper would have been better. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I noticed earlier when Alberti and Kristen were on together, Alberti jumped up and down (can’t remember why) and the front of the bag opened up (Alberti had the copper brown bag around his waist).  At the time I wondered if he possibly didn’t secure the turn lock (but I don’t know).  I also noticed you can see the edges of the credit cards and thought if I were to order it I would not use that wallet part for my credit cards.  I agree that a zipper would have been better. 

@itsmagic What else would the pocket be good for then? I would render it useless for anything else I carry. I agree that I would use another wallet, but what would be the point of having nearly half the bag useless since items would either be exposed or fall out from the open sides?

So between the presentation you watched and the one I did, pretty high odds of it happening to anyone. In the times we are living in now, when security is a big risk from many sources, what good is the RFID on this bag if the pocket is open? OR if important bits fall out?