Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,034
Registered: ‎02-27-2012

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?

Interesting experiences and suggestions here!  Thanks @sfins for starting this discussion!

 

I actually like the powder!  I ordered Neutral Tan this time and the powder is tan.  I would order this by itself.  It doesn't seem to be too drying as other finishing powders can be on me.

 

I prefer Mally's Face Defender mostly cuz sometimes, I just don't dare add one more powdery product to my face!  LOL   But I haven't had that problem w/ this finisher.  I only use the brush in the TSV kit w/ that powder.

 

As mentioned, it isn't dense enough or large enough for my liking w/ the CC.

 

I find that all IT colors run light.  I am usually medium to med. tan but in all IT foundations I am Tan.

 

The new (to me anyways) Neutral Tan is a tad lighter than my regular Tan which I usually add some of my medium stock.

 

I tend to be oily, so I had high hopes that this would be perfect.  However, by lunch, I have gooed through this 'matte' one just like the others!  No diff, still gotta blot!

 

This kit is not a 'hate', it is a meh.  However, no way I am wasting $9.95 on a return!  I'll figure out a way to make it work somehow!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,321
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?

Good grief! I bought the CC Cream TSV, and returned it. They stated that the fair/light was for light skin with pink undertones. OMG - when I received it, I was horrified at the color. Its a DARK peach, which has yellow undertones. Nope, I cannot use IT Cosmetics anymore. I'm done. Their colors are not for me, and I'm tired of returns. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,321
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?


@sfins wrote:

I feel like I must be doing something wrong because I can't get the new CC Matte cream to work for me.  I've worn it 3 days in a row now and it breaks apart, settles into lines around my mouth and the sides of my nose, and makes me an oily mess within 3-4 hours.  I've tried it with/without primer, setting powder, mattifying spray...nothing seems to help.  I had such high hopes for it...I was never a fan of the original CC cream bc it felt oily on my skin, but so far I would choose that one over the new matte version.

 

Anyone else have some suggestions or what's worked for you?  Help Smiley Sad


Yes, return it. A lot of women are saying that the formulation is not the same and is very cakey. I'm returning mine. I don't like the consistency (chalky), and the colors were off. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,321
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?


@sfins wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I also have trouble spreading the Matte foundation evenly.  It seems dry/pasty going on.  I wish they had sent me the fair finishing powder instead of the light.  The light is a bit too dark on my skin.  I ordered fair-light, which was a perfect match in the recent Bye Bye foundation TSV.  That same shade is just OK with this Matte foudation.  All in all, I won't waste money returing it, but I won't continue with auto delivery, that's for sure.


You're having the exact issues I am.  And I ordered Fairly Light too...the powder is actually a shade darker!! I just look muddy when I wear it, and you can tell exactly where i put powder and where i don't.  I thought maybe I was the only one having these issues but it seems I'm not alone.  Maybe IT will go back to the drawing board with this lineup.


I'm in the same boat you are. I ordered the fair/light and thought the color was awful. Very dark peachy, not at all for light skin. I cannot buy IT Cosmetics anymore. 

Contributor
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎01-23-2015

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?


@RespectLife wrote:

Interesting experiences and suggestions here!  Thanks @sfins for starting this discussion!

 

I actually like the powder!  I ordered Neutral Tan this time and the powder is tan.  I would order this by itself.  It doesn't seem to be too drying as other finishing powders can be on me.

 

I prefer Mally's Face Defender mostly cuz sometimes, I just don't dare add one more powdery product to my face!  LOL   But I haven't had that problem w/ this finisher.  I only use the brush in the TSV kit w/ that powder.

 

As mentioned, it isn't dense enough or large enough for my liking w/ the CC.

 

I find that all IT colors run light.  I am usually medium to med. tan but in all IT foundations I am Tan.

 

The new (to me anyways) Neutral Tan is a tad lighter than my regular Tan which I usually add some of my medium stock.

 

I tend to be oily, so I had high hopes that this would be perfect.  However, by lunch, I have gooed through this 'matte' one just like the others!  No diff, still gotta blot!

 

This kit is not a 'hate', it is a meh.  However, no way I am wasting $9.95 on a return!  I'll figure out a way to make it work somehow!


"Meh" is a great way to sum up this kit lol.  It's not a love or a hate but the ridiculous return shipping fee is probably the main reason I'll keep it, but definitely cancel my AD! Good luck finding something to control the oil and shine all day...I've been on that same quest all my life so I know the struggle Smiley Sad

Contributor
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎01-23-2015

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?


@Effie54 wrote:

Good grief! I bought the CC Cream TSV, and returned it. They stated that the fair/light was for light skin with pink undertones. OMG - when I received it, I was horrified at the color. Its a DARK peach, which has yellow undertones. Nope, I cannot use IT Cosmetics anymore. I'm done. Their colors are not for me, and I'm tired of returns. 


I agree...even their "pink/cool" undertones are still pretty yellow on me.  It's very, very frustrating!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,629
Registered: ‎12-12-2010

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?

Wow, it sounds like there is a lot of negative response to it.  I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered...hopefully today.  I hope my dry skin likes it or it will go back; I dread having to return items, but if it works as poorly on my skin as it has on some of you, I won't hesistate to send it back.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,427
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?

I have been playing with mine in many ways attempting to get it to work for me and so far it's a fail!

 

Used it straight up with nothing on my face....still creases...gets gooey shiny oily looking and breaking apart on my face.  Tried using their powder over top and it still ends up like this.

 

I can't believe I am going to type this/say this BUT the brush that comes with it is NOT going to work with this foundation at all!  My other IT brushes apply it WAY better so even the brush is a fail!

 

I even tried mixing my tried and true Revlon Colorstay Dry formula with this IT Matt still doesn't lay down right.  

 

This will be going back...I can't believe they tested this on real women in a hot and humid room and it worked!  I can't even get it to work in AC!

 

I suspect for myself the issue is the titanium dioxide....that stuff is just to gooey and thick at the amount that is in this to get spf 40.  I can't use any of their other foundations....same thing happens....tried them all.  

Contributor
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎01-23-2015

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?


@tsavorite wrote:

I have been playing with mine in many ways attempting to get it to work for me and so far it's a fail!

 

Used it straight up with nothing on my face....still creases...gets gooey shiny oily looking and breaking apart on my face.  Tried using their powder over top and it still ends up like this.

 

I can't believe I am going to type this/say this BUT the brush that comes with it is NOT going to work with this foundation at all!  My other IT brushes apply it WAY better so even the brush is a fail!

 

I even tried mixing my tried and true Revlon Colorstay Dry formula with this IT Matt still doesn't lay down right.  

 

This will be going back...I can't believe they tested this on real women in a hot and humid room and it worked!  I can't even get it to work in AC!

 

I suspect for myself the issue is the titanium dioxide....that stuff is just to gooey and thick at the amount that is in this to get spf 40.  I can't use any of their other foundations....same thing happens....tried them all.  


I tried mixing this new CC cream with some of my tried-and-true foundations from other brands...still doesn't work for me either.  I'm just at a loss how the IT reps kept saying they worked on this formulation for over 5 years (I think) and "perfected" it before they brought it to market. I try to see the positive in everything but if this is "perfect" I would hate to see their rejects Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Posts: 553
Registered: ‎02-04-2011

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?


@sfins wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I also have trouble spreading the Matte foundation evenly.  It seems dry/pasty going on.  I wish they had sent me the fair finishing powder instead of the light.  The light is a bit too dark on my skin.  I ordered fair-light, which was a perfect match in the recent Bye Bye foundation TSV.  That same shade is just OK with this Matte foudation.  All in all, I won't waste money returing it, but I won't continue with auto delivery, that's for sure.


You're having the exact issues I am.  And I ordered Fairly Light too...the powder is actually a shade darker!! I just look muddy when I wear it, and you can tell exactly where i put powder and where i don't.  I thought maybe I was the only one having these issues but it seems I'm not alone.  Maybe IT will go back to the drawing board with this lineup.


The powder made my skin also look muddy and wasn't even close to a match.  Why didn't they make the powder the same shade at least?  I thought about the rematining

Easy Pay payments and how I'd probably never like the powder and never use it because of the poor match.  Then, I finally admittted that I don't think the foundation will ever spread easily or wear nicely thoughout the day.  So, I finally returned the whole kit and that way I won't have to pay any more Easy Pays.