Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?

Honestly, I feel as if I am one of IT Cosmetics biggest fans. I literally try every product they bring to the market.  I have had great experiences and bad experiences.  If i'm being 100% honest, this one is a fail.  The only reason I say this is a fail is because all of the other formulations and variations of the CC creams are perfection for any and all skin types.  Now, I can't speak to those that have very oily skin, but I dont find this to be good for semi-dry to extra dry skin. IT cosmetics CC cream is my one true love where foundation is concerned!  I would return/exchange and try the original CC cream or the CC cream with Illumination! Hope this helps.  

Honored Contributor

I used mine for two days, but I am definitely returning it.

Their new Rich Honey shade is the closest to my complexion, since their Rich and Deep never suit me at all — they are both extremely ashy and/or too dark on me.  This one is very thick. The brush they included does not do the job I like, I needed a denser brush for proper application. 

The airbrush finisher is NOT the same shade, they only packaged a “complimentary shade” in the set, and that was Rich.  The same Rich that has always been horrible on me. They should have expressly stated that complimentary does not mean same shade! I never thought for a minute that it would not include the same shade ordered.

I have oily skin.  At first, the matte formula seemed nice, but by late morning I was oilier than ever!  It seems after first inhibiting any oil, it actually contributes to oil build up!  

Honored Contributor

I had little to no interest in this MATTE CC cream.  It appears as if I missed nothing by not purchasing it. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I love the coverage of this, even though it is thick. It looks good on me but the day after I wore it, my skin is dry & flaky on my nose! I don't have dry skin so that really surprised me. Will try again to make sure, but will probably return. Smiley Sad

Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@sfins

I wear IT CC almost 95% of the time and I wear makeup every day.  I have ALL the versions in several colors.

I, too, am struggling w/ this matte version.  I also feel it does not spread easily and that I am using more than my usual one pump.

I have gotten it to work fine if I buff it really good with any IT brush.  Not necessarily the one that came w/ the TSV because it has a smaller head.  I grab one of my others and buff away and have gotten good results with no creasing etc.

I am trying a new shade, Neutral Tan, which is a perfect color for me (don't need to mix like I normally do), but I am on the fence whether I will stay on AD for this one.

I won't return (not wasting the money), and I am still playing around.  I may mix it w/ one of the original versions to see if I can get it to apply better.

Maybe I'm not buffing it in enough...I'll have to give that a try as well. But I definitely agree with you that it doesn't spread easily at all.  I've been using the Bye Bye Foundation ever since they offered it as a TSV a couple months ago and I love it.  I can take 1 pump, dot it around my face and have good coverage in just a few seconds of buffing.  I know this formual is different but i just wasn't expecting to struggle the way I have been. And it's too bad because the new Fairly Light color is perfect for me (I used to mix 2 shades together like you did too).  But a good color match isn't enough to make me like this stuff just yet lol Smiley Happy

Thanks for your suggestion and input!!

Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Received it yesterday and don't like it at all, going back.  I don't like the matte finish and the finishing power or whatever it's called is awful.

I'm not a fan of the powder either.  The texture/application seems ok but I ordered Fairly Light in the CC cream and Light came as the powder option.  Light is actually a shade darker than the cream so I just look kinda muddy.  Not the look I'm going for lol

Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I also have trouble spreading the Matte foundation evenly.  It seems dry/pasty going on.  I wish they had sent me the fair finishing powder instead of the light.  The light is a bit too dark on my skin.  I ordered fair-light, which was a perfect match in the recent Bye Bye foundation TSV.  That same shade is just OK with this Matte foudation.  All in all, I won't waste money returing it, but I won't continue with auto delivery, that's for sure.

You're having the exact issues I am.  And I ordered Fairly Light too...the powder is actually a shade darker!! I just look muddy when I wear it, and you can tell exactly where i put powder and where i don't.  I thought maybe I was the only one having these issues but it seems I'm not alone.  Maybe IT will go back to the drawing board with this lineup.

Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I used mine for two days, but I am definitely returning it.

Their new Rich Honey shade is the closest to my complexion, since their Rich and Deep never suit me at all — they are both extremely ashy and/or too dark on me.  This one is very thick. The brush they included does not do the job I like, I needed a denser brush for proper application. 

The airbrush finisher is NOT the same shade, they only packaged a “complimentary shade” in the set, and that was Rich.  The same Rich that has always been horrible on me. They should have expressly stated that complimentary does not mean same shade! I never thought for a minute that it would not include the same shade ordered.

I have oily skin.  At first, the matte formula seemed nice, but by late morning I was oilier than ever!  It seems after first inhibiting any oil, it actually contributes to oil build up!  

Yes! I feel the same way...I start out really matte and think everything is going well then BAM, look in the mirror a couple hours later and I'm a hot mess. I think that was the most shocking part to me, especially for something touted as "Matte", I guess I just expected to be matte the whole time I wear it, not 3 hours lol.

But the same thing with the powder happened to me as well.  I ordered Fairly Light which is a good match for me but the powder that came with it was Light, which is darker and more yellow.  I'm not sure why they thought pairing a darker, more yellow powder with a lighter, pink CC cream would work. It gives me a sallow look to my skin, which definitely isn't flattering Smiley Happy

Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I love the coverage of this, even though it is thick. It looks good on me but the day after I wore it, my skin is dry & flaky on my nose! I don't have dry skin so that really surprised me. Will try again to make sure, but will probably return. Smiley Sad

I noticed some dry, patchiness on the sides of my nose after about the 2nd day of wearing this.  I assumed I just needed to exfoilate but I will keep an eye on it and see if it worsens.  Thanks for the head's up with your expereince!

Trusted Contributor

I ended up sending it back, the powder was way too dark, and did not match the foundation at all...I may buy the foundation alone at some point.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it