Contributor

Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?

I feel like I must be doing something wrong because I can't get the new CC Matte cream to work for me.  I've worn it 3 days in a row now and it breaks apart, settles into lines around my mouth and the sides of my nose, and makes me an oily mess within 3-4 hours.  I've tried it with/without primer, setting powder, mattifying spray...nothing seems to help.  I had such high hopes for it...I was never a fan of the original CC cream bc it felt oily on my skin, but so far I would choose that one over the new matte version.

Anyone else have some suggestions or what's worked for you?  Help Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone used the IT Cosmetics TSV from last week yet?

@sfins  It sounds like you should return it and get your money back. If it doesn't work for you, I don't think you should keep it.

Honored Contributor

I received it and have been using it for the past week.  My only thought is maybe you are using too much.  I use one pump.

Contributor

Maybe I am.  I used about 2 pumps (maybe a little less) each time.  But i found I was having to use more than usual to get it to spread.  It's like it wanted to bunch up and get patchy instead of smoothing across my skin.

Did this happen to you too?  I'm almost starting to think maybe I got a bad batch lol

Respected Contributor

@sfins

Read the reviews.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@sfins

Read the reviews.

I looked at some of them but they're all over the place - as usual.  Some people love it, some hate it...I think it had like 3.2 or 3.4 out of 5 stars so it's kinda middle-of-the-road.  I was just hoping maybe somebody had the same issues as me and knew of a fix Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sfins

I wear IT CC almost 95% of the time and I wear makeup every day.  I have ALL the versions in several colors.

I, too, am struggling w/ this matte version.  I also feel it does not spread easily and that I am using more than my usual one pump.

I have gotten it to work fine if I buff it really good with any IT brush.  Not necessarily the one that came w/ the TSV because it has a smaller head.  I grab one of my others and buff away and have gotten good results with no creasing etc.

I am trying a new shade, Neutral Tan, which is a perfect color for me (don't need to mix like I normally do), but I am on the fence whether I will stay on AD for this one.

I won't return (not wasting the money), and I am still playing around.  I may mix it w/ one of the original versions to see if I can get it to apply better.

Valued Contributor

Received it yesterday and don't like it at all, going back.  I don't like the matte finish and the finishing power or whatever it's called is awful.

Esteemed Contributor

I never liked the original CC cream because it looked horrible on my face for all the reasons you mentioned ... there are only two IT items that I like & use 🙃

Valued Contributor

I also have trouble spreading the Matte foundation evenly.  It seems dry/pasty going on.  I wish they had sent me the fair finishing powder instead of the light.  The light is a bit too dark on my skin.  I ordered fair-light, which was a perfect match in the recent Bye Bye foundation TSV.  That same shade is just OK with this Matte foudation.  All in all, I won't waste money returing it, but I won't continue with auto delivery, that's for sure.