Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever been dropped as a customer for cancelling too many items?

I think I am just like AGV.

Respected Contributor

Apparently when it says "in process," the label has already been printed and the item already pulled from the warehouse and so even though the option to cancel is available, it creates more work for Qvc. It seems that the remedy then, would not to have the cancel option available when it's too far along. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

New Contributor

I have been with qvc since cvn too. I have bought and returned things all the time. I buy and return if I do not like it. I Always return things to qvc and I never got a notice. What is the reason for your returns? Just not like? I have to return shoes all the time. They just do not fit, but the merchandise I return, is not used. Do you use the merchandise and then return it during the 30 days? Just curious, if that is the reason they send the letters out.

Dale

Valued Contributor

How the hey does it cost the Q money when people cancel an order. Yes, I can see the point of it's preventing others from being able to order but I don't see how it cost the Q a dime. Someone enlighten me!

New Contributor

I have contacted customer service about this issue. I was told that if your return 66% or more of your purchased items in a certain time period you may have your account suspended.

Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 danusz314 said:

I have contacted customer service about this issue. I was told that if your return 66% or more of your purchased items in a certain time period you may have your account suspended.

I bet that quantity and not just percentage is factored in. Otherwise, let's say that the time period, for argument's sake, is one year, and I buy four items and return three of them in that time frame. I seriously doubt that I would receive an advisory letter about too many returns.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 6/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 6/14/2014 danusz314 said:

I bet that quantity and not just percentage is factored in. Otherwise, let's say that the time period, for argument's sake, is one year, and I buy four items and return three of them in that time frame. I seriously doubt that I would receive an advisory letter about too many returns.

And there could be all kinds of weird behavior re cancellations, like someone who orders one of everything at 11.59pm before a show airs at midnight, waits to see how it all looks "live", and then cancels most of it. "Ooh, I really like that dress, but I don't know which color, I'll order all of them in case the one I liked best on a model sells out".

Contributor

On 6/12/2014 squeezebox said:

How the hey does it cost the Q money when people cancel an order. Yes, I can see the point of it's preventing others from being able to order but I don't see how it cost the Q a dime. Someone enlighten me!

It costs them money because of their own business practices. They over sell items shown on air. Several times I purchased an item shown in stock when the order was placed only to have it turn into a backorder. After waiting for the requisite 45 days only to have my order cancelled, I will no longer wait around for someone to cancel or return the item ordered. They have then lost your order because you cancelled and my order because I won't wait around while you decide whether or not to pay for your order.

Honored Contributor

So, don't actually place an order. Put the items you are pretend-purchasing on your wish list. If you decide you really do want them, you can order. If not, they are there for you to daydream over whenever you want. I'm an impulse buyer, I've been doing this for years.

New Contributor

I return or cancel many items. Most times - especially on clothing - you have go jump in to get your size and color. Once the presentation continues or I look it up, I realize I don't really item.