Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever been dropped as a customer for cancelling too many items?

On 5/29/2014 Nikalette said:No, with the Q, until it is shipped out, you can cancel. Sometimes it says you can't cancel online, but when you phone the automated customer service , you can.That is what wait list is for. I have orders that haven't left the warehouse for a week. Sometimes that leads to a cancellation.
On 5/28/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

No, I've only canceled one order because I've changed my mind.<br /> <br /> Any other time I've canceled an order (usually on Amazon), it was because I realized I had entered the wrong delivery address or forgot to include something and I re-ordered immediately.<br /> <br /> Why order if you're not sure? That sounds like a bad habit. I assume that once I click submit, I'm locked in until delivery, so I don't wind up ordering things I don't want.<br />

I do think that ChynnaBlue was speaking figuratively when she said that she assumes that once she clicks submit, she's locked in because she followed that by saying that such assumption helps her not to order impulsively.

As for being able to cancel, no, not always and not even when you call. A few months ago I thought I wanted to cancel. I couldn't do so online and so called CS. She said it was too far along in the process but kindly noted on my account that I could return it free of charge if I so desired. Turns out I was happy with the purchase after all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

FYI - I know this does not directly address the question of how much cancelling/returning elicits "The Letter", but I recall reading in one of QVC's (Liberty Media) quarterly earnings reports awhile ago that their average return rate for all items in all categories was/is 19%.

Respected Contributor

Yes. It does happen. Please take their warnings seriously, because you will be axed. They will also block your phone, so that you cannot call QVC to order. I feel a lot of people won't talk about this, but it's true.
Honored Contributor

On 5/29/2014 Q2girl said: Yes. It does happen. Please take their warnings seriously, because you will be axed. They will also block your phone, so that you cannot call QVC to order. I feel a lot of people won't talk about this, but it's true.
If this were to happen to me I would stop shopping, because I would no longer consider qvC to be CONVENIENT. I like shopping online at QVC a lot, but I shop because I LIKE to and I usually like what I buy, not because I HAVE to.
Respected Contributor

On 5/29/2014 curlywhitedog said:
On 5/28/2014 Sunshine Kate said:
On 5/28/2014 curlywhitedog said:

I've said this so many times on these kinds of threads that I must sound like a broken record but the mean "you can return everyt"you can return anything within 30 days" policy does not mean everything within 30 days". The same company that will allow you to return items can reserve the right to tell you when you're returning too many items. Plain and simple. QVC is not in the business of therapy for impulsive or compulsive shoppers, they're in the business of profit and if your particular cancel/return habits are cutting into their profit they have every right to ask you to think twice before you order or even cancel your membership.

I realize some of the hosts hype the item to the point where you think "it's now or never, I better get this while I can" but it's up to you to resist the temptation.

Maria

So if I buy five items from QVC within two days and return all five items within 30 days, that will get me "the letter"?

I've never heard a host say you can only return one item within 30 days.

Guess I'm just not understanding your post.

You did misunderstand but that's ok, it happens. I didn't mean that if you buy a few things you can't return them all in 30 days, I meant that you can't return everything that you buy. My post was really addressed to those who who buy but return a good portion of their purchases and although buying and returning 5 things might not get you the letter, it probably would establish a pattern QVC watches for. It's not as if there's someone spending hours and hours pouring through paperwork to average out a particular customer's buy/return habits but rather a complex computer system of algorithms that suggest patterns that speak of impulsive or compulsive purchasing.

Of course the hosts don't say you can only return one item within 30 days because truth be told, you can (and I have) returned that many and more at times but people who return (the suggested number from what I read is 50% or more) of their purchases over whatever period of time QVC deems unreasonable are costing the company money and raising prices for us all.

I do agree that the company's refund policy is very broad but that doesn't mean it can't be narrowed down for those who have abused the return policy.

Hope this helps explain what I meant.

Maria

Understand, thanks!

Respected Contributor

On 6/1/2014 nancylynne said:

No worries. Let QVC cancel your account. Using the same account, use a different credit card. Voila! I'm on my third card.

Now you obviously have a problem.

Trusted Contributor

I probably cancel less than 10% of my orders but most of those are because of the ""buy more"" options. Because all quantities must be on the same order. So if I decide I want more I have to create a new order and cancel the original order. I wish their system had a better way to combine all orders from one day so you could shop all day in one order.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I shop with QVC a lot. I cancel much more than I return but have never gotten ""the letter"".
Respected Contributor

Well, if QVC is going to hold their customers accountable for too many returns, they need to hold up their end of the bargain! This means less hype and more accurate information from certain hosts!

A few years ago, Shawn was selling London Fog bags and just lying her head off about them, IMO. I bought two and when they arrived they were anything but "soft." In fact, these bags that weren't leather were very stiff and unappealing. They also didn't look elegant, or whatever similar adjective she used to describe them!!! Why would you say something was soft when it was literally the opposite to the extreme? I had to pay to return items that were sold to me under false pretenses. I like watching Shawn, but this was not the high point of her career on QVC. I felt extremely taken advantage of.

I cancel things when I see something in the reviews that I hadn't seen when I ordered. For example, if someone writes that a fabric pills after a while, I cancel. I simply can't stand that.

Gloria: Thanks for the tip about the lunchtime specials!

Valued Contributor

What I would suggest is choosing where you buy certain items. There are so many sites that now offer free S&H, and they ship much quicker than 7-10 days, too! For example, I may see a shoe I am interested in presented on QVC, but I can go to different online stores & order the same shoe with Free S&H & Free return S&H. Making that a new good habit will help you pare down problematic returns, and then QVC is relieved of the "burden" of your sale. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Better yet, you save $$ and retain your shopping dignity.

Another thing you could try is that if you are not certain if you want an item, you can order it by check, then go back later that same day after you've given it some thought, & decide to switch it over to a credit card with an easy-pay option, if desired. I've heard that they will always ship the credit card orders first, and I think that is only fair because this is a business & they have to make $$. However, they will still gig you for doing these check cancellations too often, which I did one Christmas shopping season.

Although I am homebound & do almost all of my shopping online, I now no longer do most of my shopping @ QVC, since they have outdated S&H fees. The only thing they've got going for them is the EZP and a few exclusives, & I enjoy some of the hosts banter...but again other sites have better EZP offers more & more often, so maybe it is time for you to reevaluate where you do your online shopping. Many of us love QVC, but they need to get current with their S&H and have become too narrow with their offerings. I prefer many more things to choose from, will tune in for new presentations that I haven't seen 10 million times already, and not see the same ol' same ol' every time I sneak a peek at their channel.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo