Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever been dropped as a customer for cancelling too many items?

On 5/28/2014 annabellethecat said:

Right now I have in my foyer maybe 7 or 8 different items I need to return that I've bought over the past several days.

3 of them are for the 4 (yes, I bought 4) of those ugly wigs Sherry what's her name had on TV. I sent back the other one earlier. They wouldn't even fit over my head! What a mess they are!

The other items are 1 pair of Birkenstock (wrong color), and pieces of clothes.

If they want to stop me from ordering, it's their loss. I do buy quite a few things and my guess is that what I keep outweighs what I return.

Oh! I cancel things all of the time too. Usually they are things I buy for my daughter (a new vacuum) and she said she didn't want that kind.

I make no excuses for what I buy, cancel or keep or return, etc. I have the money and I do what I want.

I think QVC needs to understand most people are like me. Maybe they do, I don't know. The reason I'm posting is because I do a lot of the things people say they get canceled for. If I get canceled, I'll be sure to let you know.

your posts are always the same. You have posted that you have boxes and boxes of items that you don't even use, you go to the post office to return other items daily and you buy things that you have no idea if you like yet, in multiples, then send them all back. You so fit the profile of a complusive/impulsive shopper and then you never fail to mention that you have lots of money and can do what you want. Sorry, but if I owned a business, I would not consider you a valued customer. Why buy 4 wigs here, multiples of Iman's from HSN and all the rest you claim you buy and then say you almost never go out? Do you realize that your returns now will either become an "as is" or be sent out to someone else who will come to the boards and say "ewww, I got someone else's return"?

As another poster stated being able to return something in 30 days does not give customers the right to sit at home and shop all day long on impulse just to see if they like something, then return everything. Just because a host says "there's only ___ left, hurry if you want it" becomes an enabling tool for someone to buy says you have issues about compulsiveness that should be addressed.

Esteemed Contributor

I was trying to reply yesterday to use your Wish List more and order less! This way if you still want the item down the road, it's saved on your Wish List, and you haven't "purchased" anything on impulse.

But no, I've cancelled things already, but I guess not enough to warrant a letter.

Valued Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Sunshine Kate said:
On 5/28/2014 curlywhitedog said:

I've said this so many times on these kinds of threads that I must sound like a broken record but the mean "you can return everyt"you can return anything within 30 days" policy does not mean everything within 30 days". The same company that will allow you to return items can reserve the right to tell you when you're returning too many items. Plain and simple. QVC is not in the business of therapy for impulsive or compulsive shoppers, they're in the business of profit and if your particular cancel/return habits are cutting into their profit they have every right to ask you to think twice before you order or even cancel your membership.

I realize some of the hosts hype the item to the point where you think "it's now or never, I better get this while I can" but it's up to you to resist the temptation.

Maria

So if I buy five items from QVC within two days and return all five items within 30 days, that will get me "the letter"?

I've never heard a host say you can only return one item within 30 days.

Guess I'm just not understanding your post.

You did misunderstand but that's ok, it happens. I didn't mean that if you buy a few things you can't return them all in 30 days, I meant that you can't return everything that you buy. My post was really addressed to those who who buy but return a good portion of their purchases and although buying and returning 5 things might not get you the letter, it probably would establish a pattern QVC watches for. It's not as if there's someone spending hours and hours pouring through paperwork to average out a particular customer's buy/return habits but rather a complex computer system of algorithms that suggest patterns that speak of impulsive or compulsive purchasing.

Of course the hosts don't say you can only return one item within 30 days because truth be told, you can (and I have) returned that many and more at times but people who return (the suggested number from what I read is 50% or more) of their purchases over whatever period of time QVC deems unreasonable are costing the company money and raising prices for us all.

I do agree that the company's refund policy is very broad but that doesn't mean it can't be narrowed down for those who have abused the return policy.

Hope this helps explain what I meant.

Maria

Trusted Contributor

On 5/28/2014 violann said: Gloria, I think your "tip" is great! Thanks for posting!

You're welcome!

Super Contributor

No but I don't cancel or return very much at all.I think we pay higher prices because of people who abuse returns & cancellations ( not just at the Q but anywhere)

Super Contributor

I'm with you. I do keep lots of stuff and spend lots, but when you buy online there is a big chance you won't get what you want. I've bought a few things on Ebay that are less than half of what I PAH on the Q , even less than "as is" that I can't return. Things are often sold as new with tags, which do not fit the Ebay description. I keep them is they look new or are in nearly new shape. But I'm not going to do it anymore because I prefer the generous return policy at the Q. They often charge high prices, and they have raised the shipping and handling, which includes a profit margin, so I don't think it is a big problem for,them. By the way I have NEVER seen an Aimee Kestenberg "as is" even though many reviewers send them back. Those bags are sold as new. Overall their little quirks and those of the buyers leave them a multimillion dollar profit margin.
On 5/28/2014 annabellethecat said:

Right now I have in my foyer maybe 7 or 8 different items I need to return that I've bought over the past several days.

3 of them are for the 4 (yes, I bought 4) of those ugly wigs Sherry what's her name had on TV. I sent back the other one earlier. They wouldn't even fit over my head! What a mess they are!

The other items are 1 pair of Birkenstock (wrong color), and pieces of clothes.

If they want to stop me from ordering, it's their loss. I do buy quite a few things and my guess is that what I keep outweighs what I return.

Oh! I cancel things all of the time too. Usually they are things I buy for my daughter (a new vacuum) and she said she didn't want that kind.

I make no excuses for what I buy, cancel or keep or return, etc. I have the money and I do what I want.

I think QVC needs to understand most people are like me. Maybe they do, I don't know. The reason I'm posting is because I do a lot of the things people say they get canceled for. If I get canceled, I'll be sure to let you know.

Super Contributor

No, with the Q, until it is shipped out, you can cancel. Sometimes it says you can't cancel online, but when you phone the automated customer service , you can. That is what wait list is for. I have orders that haven't left the warehouse for a week. Sometimes that leads to a cancellation.
On 5/28/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

No, I've only canceled one order because I've changed my mind.

Any other time I've canceled an order (usually on Amazon), it was because I realized I had entered the wrong delivery address or forgot to include something and I re-ordered immediately.

Why order if you're not sure? That sounds like a bad habit. I assume that once I click submit, I'm locked in until delivery, so I don't wind up ordering things I don't want.

Super Contributor

This also happens with the TSV. I think a certain amount is set aside for,the discounted price, but a certain amount set aside at full price. This happened at HSN with the URban guitars. The electric sold out in all but one color, but all colors were available the next day...and they don't allow cancellations after midnight.
On 5/28/2014 circles said:

I have been with QVC since its beginning.....have bought and returned a lot....also have ordered then cancelled a lot....about a year ago I finally got "the letter"....which made me stop and think before I made a purchase....so far so good...

violann....I know what you mean about the LTS....so many times I see one or two I like only to click on it and find its sold out...but then it pops in and out through the 5 hours...end of the day I miss it only to find its back in stock at a much higher price....so disappointing....

P/S.....I forgot to say that I have kept way more then I ever returned or cancelled...

Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Krimpette said:

Maybe if the hosts quit "buying" while on the air, there would be more left for the customers also!!Wink{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

They are customers too!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}Wink

Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Beejene said:

I have purchased a lot from QVC. I return very little but that is because I cancel my orders (usually right away) a lot. I don't cancel if something sold-out on the air but I will cancel if there is still inventory on something - this way I have not prevented someone from ordering it. I received the letter about cancelations once and that was right after I called customer service to ask about something I ordered. I suspect they saw a lot of cancellations. After receiving the letter I contacted customer service and told them off. I suggested they calculate what I had spent with QVC over the past year then told them that I would be happy to give ALL of my business to the high end department stores where I do 90% of my shopping. I warned them if I received something like that again from them, I would completely stop doing business with them. I also reminded them that the business model for TV shopping has a high level of cancellations and returns and it was bad enough that they rip us off with S&H. No one was going to dictate to me how often I cancel something. I told them to make sure they put this in my file as I wasn't going to tolerate it again. Never received another letter from them and I still cancel whenever I change my mind, and I do a lot, but, as I stated above, I won't cancel if its something that is almost sold out or sold out on the air.

If you didn't talk to a member of sales management you were just wasting your breath. If you were just talking to a phone rep. it was going in one ear and out the other. If they are making minimum wage they don't care if you stop shopping there or not.