Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever been dropped as a customer for cancelling too many items?

Maybe if the merchandise was of better quality we wouldn't have to return so many things.
Super Contributor

On 7/9/2014 puggirl said: Maybe if the merchandise was of better quality we wouldn't have to return so many things.

I return maybe four items a year. Why is the quality of what I order different from that of serial returners?

Valued Contributor

On 7/9/2014 stewmagoo said:

I am writing as to the "LETTER" saying you are cancelling too much or returning too much. I did not get a letter yet and I cancel a lot and return a lot. You don't have a chance to try things on, look really good at things until you receive the items or taste foods that they are making yummy faces about until you get it home and find out it is lousy or earrings that are too heavy, cosmetics that do not do what they say they do. This is where I shop most of the time and it costs me money to buy it plus S&H and then it costs me too send it back. I am not complaining at all......just saying, QVC should expect this to happen and I have been shopping here since it was CVN. As far as the hosts saying this is selling out quick, you should get to the phones before it sells out.......you order it by phone quickly if you want that item, then you check it out online and find out the bust line is too small or too big and that the measurement is different than usual. So you have to cancel. I would be highly insulted if I received "THE LETTER". QVC would have to be consistent in all sizes in all brands and stop saying everything is so yummy and so on and so forth. I feel they are partially responsible for the reason why they get returns, so I say it would be pretty nervy of them to send a letter. They are a shopping venue and it goes with the territory.

In other words, part of the reason you buy things that you often return is the "hosts made me do it." I don't think so.......
Respected Contributor

You must be WAAAAAAAY shopping and returning. I have shopped w Q for 20 years. I am very picky and return many items....BUT I do not purchase a lot.

Respected Contributor

Yes. That's all I am going to say.
Contributor

Every company, especially publicly traded corps, have shareholders that demand more revenue and higher profits. Therefore, every corporation looks for ways to do that including making the shipping process profitable.

So let's say Gloria is the top executive in charge of reporting profits for QVC's s&h. She's going to keep being creative in finding ways to show profits in her business area.

Then Annabella is the top executive in charge of returns. Her job is to keep returns down and get them from 19% to only 10%. So she's going to look for creative ways to do that. She'll crunch the numbers and figure out which customers are prohibiting her from reaching this goal, and she'll try to get rid of them.

Each area of business, from purchasing, to supply chain, to customer retention, etc. has their goals to achieve on a yearly and quarterly basis.

Because in the end, Shopping Mama (that's me), owns 40,000 shares of Liberty Media stock (let's pretend), and I want to see that stock price escalate from $137 per share to $150 per share.

There's not "one" QVC to get angry at if you're returning too many things; you are simply not the right customer for their business model.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/28/2014 BigOrangeKitty said:

This could be a good thing. The way I see it, if there's an item you're interested in, the hosts practically force you to order it immediately because something is always selling out ..... "we only have so many remaining" ..... you order it so you don't miss out. But then you check the "reviews" and discover it isn't such a great item after all. Why order something that has so many bad reviews. So you cancel it. If that's bad, I'm guilty. I can understand them being upset with too many returns from someone but not cancellations. I know of people who received such letters from HSN. I watch QVC too much. If I were to receive such a letter for too many cancellations it would be a good thing because I wouldn't watch it again.

I agree. They never have much stock anymore. I put things on check status and then look at reviews and think about it. Also, I've just used up a lot of cancellations because I was trying to get the orYANY tote in the Casablanca. It would go to backorder, then process, then backorder. Then sometimes it would appear in the item listing as if you could order it, so I placed another order - which unfortunately went to backorder. I think the web site is pretty bad. New stock should just be used to fill backorders and not appear in the item listing, ever! I've canceled a lot of things this past year (almost all of them on check status and not in process). I've also purchased a lot. You feel that if you don't place the order, it will be sold out. I'm not waiting a year for them to restock something.

Contributor

Misschristy, well stated. In a recent Q survey I wrote something similar to your final sentence in your original post - I would guess I return less than 15% of my orders, and MAINLY due to the incredible variability in sizing with D&C, Mackie, and others. Once the Q fixes their sizing issues - and creates the right message for the hosts to convey to us - then they'll be legitimate in sending their letters. I get better customer service and specials/discounts on other websites now and buy less from Q. Their loss, but that's just voting with my feet!