Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried Supersmile The Works Toothpaste or Supersmile?

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

Just FYI: I ordered it once, excited about using it on my sensitive teeth. Everyone else in my family has had his/her teeth professionally whitened. After it came something told me to check with my dentist just to get an OK. She said no - too abrasive for me. She said White Strips are OK. She also said because I'm fair if I whitened too much it wouldn't look natural.

I still haven't done anything else!   Smiley Happy

All respect to the DDS, teeth only can be bleached to a certain shade or whiteness. Google this topic to educate yourself. My DDS told me this as I've had her whiten my teeth many times.

Also, DDS & MD's don't like to recommend products by others in their field. These are competitive people remember.

Super Contributor

My DDS explained to me when I've had my teeth professionally whitened, they only will whiten so much. She went into the details of why this is. I suggest others if interested, look this up.

Teeth that look unnatural are veneers that are toooooooo white. As someone mentioned, they jump out at you. Not a look I'd want.

Honored Contributor

I also am one that has used SuperSmile for years and have extreme tooth sensitivity.  It never bothered me at all.  I was skeptical at first about the whitening, but it really did whiten my teeth.  Without any pain.  Also, I love the pre rinse.  And I like the fact that neither the pre rinse or the toothpaste is overly sweet--just refreshing.

The main thing I like about it is that it lessens the horrid scraping I used to have to endure with the hygienist.  The old stains on my teeth are a thing of the past.

I can't comment on this new formula since it is just now being introduced.  Other than to say that I got on A-D for it since my other SuperSmile A-D had just expired.

Respected Contributor

I cancelled auto delivery on an old Super SmileTSV as ran out of the prerinse, as used up more quickly than the toothpastes. I got lazy and brushing three minutes and using two tubes of preparation plus prerinse time consuming. I used to add a clear gel that Arm and Hammer used to make to boost the toothpaste to whiten. Seems similar?

I don't have sensitive teeth but do have gums that bleed if brushed too hard etc.and prefer rinses and special toothpaste to help. I like  the Sonicare brush which lessened the gum issue.

I like a quicker process and use Crest White stripes occasionally. 

Respected Contributor

I tried it and gums became very irritated 😤. To be fair 

I do have sensitive gums. I returned it for refund.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies! Think I'm going to pass as it seems it might be a problem since I have sensitive gums, hadn't thought of that aspect along with sensitive teeth - also I'm between dentists since Covid (my regular one retired sadly!) and with something like this, too expensive to try out and return with all the shipping (was it free shipping? Can't remember) and not get some possible input from a dentist.
I think if it were my previous long time family dentist he'd be fair and impartial about his thoughts on it, but can see how it could be a situation where many dentists would back away from recommending as they may want you to use their services.... looks like it can be good for many, but probably not me. If I had a way of doing a free one time sample lol that would be great! LOL!