Super Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Else Noticed TSV's are only about $10 cheaper than normal

I agree...............nothing SPECIAL about TSVS anymore ! and by the time you pay the postage and handling you aren't getting any bargains.

Super Contributor

Yes I noticed that over the past year or two ....but I thought it was more like only a $5.00 savings ! The LOri G . tank & top duo a few weeks ago, was around $44.95 as the TSV .....the next day listed as $49.95 regular price . ......imo , no need to rush to make a decision . The S & H / postage is what affects my final decision to buy or not . .......I also noticed they're using lots of 5 & 6 EZ Pays , but not lowering the prices . I'd rather see real substantial sale prices & 2 EZ pays .
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Used2Shop said:

I've noticed that the discount is about equal to the cost of shipping. I don't get the TSV excitement either.

I agree. I remember when they used to be good deals, and now they're not at all. The price difference is small, and I seems to me to be much less than $10 in many cases.

I remember the days when I looked forward to seeing what the TSV would be. Interesting, new products, at good prices. Now I don't even pay attention because they're really nothing special and not particularly good deals either.

Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching and shopping QVC since 1990 and to my recollection the average discount on TSVs has always been in the $10 range. I distinctly remember this because a co-worker and I used to touch base with one another frequently about QVC TSVs. This was back in the days before a West Coast midnight, Morning Show presentation, plus options for seeing items and shows on computers and phones. We would always say well... "if it sells out before I get home to see it, if any are left it will only be $10 more tomorrow."

Respected Contributor

Totally agree, overall the quality and variety of TSV has definitely declined.
Esteemed Contributor

I remember when TSV's were $20 cheaper with free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I must say that the main reason I buy a TSV is that something I have been looking for is presented -- and it's easier to get it shipped to me than having to go to the store (such as BB&B) where I usually forget to bring my coupons!

Also I have been introduced to products that peak my interest, and it's easier to just go ahead and buy them now instead of having to trace them down at a store or another website.

-Solar Smile

Frequent Contributor

I was just looking at the Denim & Co. OTO and the difference is only $4.00!
Super Contributor

I pay more attention to one time only's. I am kicking myself for delaying on ordering the Clarks ankle boots that were a one time only on fashion day. I am on waitlist, and hope I get them. I'm not sure one time only's or lunchtime specials are great deals, either, but it depends on what it is.

Regular Contributor

Also, there was a Honora clearance item: Regular Price $40.00 Clearance price: $39.00! I don't call that a clearance. I don't even call that a SALE!