Super Contributor

For me, this really is not a "special value". While I have enjoyed his fragrances, I just don't see gifting these little votives and the box would go in the donation bin for me. By the way, I have enjoyed his wife's presentations so much for Nest on the Q...he should take a cue from her and tone down the hard sell a little. I found the presentations hard to watch as the day wore on...my guess is they weren't selling as hoped.

Honored Contributor

@hookedonq wrote:

For me, this really is not a "special value". While I have enjoyed his fragrances, I just don't see gifting these little votives and the box would go in the donation bin for me. By the way, I have enjoyed his wife's presentations so much for Nest on the Q...he should take a cue from her and tone down the hard sell a little. I found the presentations hard to watch as the day wore on...my guess is they weren't selling as hoped.

I could not watch him for more than 5 minutes.  He wouldn't let anyone get a word in. I couldn't take his bragging and hard sell.  I remember purchasing his candles at BBW and the wicks kept drowning and wouldn't burn properly.  I hope he fixed that issue.

Honored Contributor

I didn't get what was so special about this value.  It seemed too expensive to me.

I do buy B&BW candles and love them as much as I liked them when they were Slatkin candles.

Right now B&BW has the 3-wick candles BOGO. Not sure how the size compares but there are also coupons out there and they do have fall scents.   

New Contributor

Ok I must be living under a rock. Who does the Bath and Body works candles now?

Honored Contributor

@Jinger Spice wrote:

Ok I must be living under a rock. Who does the Bath and Body works candles now?

@Jinger Spice, I believe it's White Barn Candle Company.

Honored Contributor

I love Slatkin candles, but I don't want those tiny ones.  I like the big 3 wick candles. These were not of any interest at all though I love the "food" scents.  I thougth it was overpriced.  Who wants the silly tin anyway?  Yes, it's cute, but it would probably get pitched.  Had they offered 3 wicks and free shipping...maybe.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin TSV

[ Edited ]

I noticed he has porcelain houses here.  Why weren't they the TSV...I wonder.

The votives didn't interest me at all.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

As cute as these sets were, there was no value in them whatsoever.  Votives, even from the best candle makers, can easily be found on sale for $1.00 apiece, and the burn time is very short; only an hour or two.

The adorable tins were probably made in China for less than $1.00.  I didn't buy this TSV because I wanted more candle.  I always buy the large jars and enjoy them for at least a month.

I love Slatkin scents,  but I'll wait for a good deal on larger candles.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James