Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin Candles

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I did buy a set and sent a set to my daughter in Denver.

However, I'm not sure I'll be able to light them because Bill the cat loves to climb.  He hasn't met anything too high to climb (not always successful).

My friend was over the other day.  She was talking to me and stopped suddenly and said, "OMG!  Are you kidding me!  I think he's trying to figure out if he could make it to the ceiling fan" (which was going around at the time).

I've had him for about 7 or 8 years now.  The vet thinks he was about 5 years old when he came to me.  He's getting up there but he hasn't gotten the memo yet!

@Annabellethecat66   Please don't light the candles you get.  Bill or Katie could swish their tails or paws in the flame.  I don't have real candles anymore since I got my cat, Henry, over three years ago.  I've been enjoying flameless candles.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I don’t intend to have candles anywhere near where my cats could hurt themselves with them.

My goodness!  I’ve been mom to 3 daughters and 8 cats over the years.  I think I know how to take care not to set my house or cats on fire!

I have a lot of those fake candles too.  I’ve given them away to friends like many of you.

There are a lot of places in my house where candles can burn and aren’t accessible to my cats.  It’s nice that you care, but my cats will always be safe.

Contributor

I purchased one set of Harry Slatkin candles.  I enjoy a beautiful candle, they are comforting.  I could not wait until fall to light them.  This set is fantastic and of course I had to order another set!

Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know when Harry's TSV is coming?I am purchasing some now from the Q and some from Yankee Candle. I give many candles at Chrisstmas as gifts.

Frequent Contributor

When is his TSV for Christmas and when.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin Candles

[ Edited ]

@noramae wrote:

When is his TSV for Christmas and when.

------------

According to Blue Skies for Me website...Harry will have a TSV on Nov 25!  Don't know if that will be his Christmas candles offering....

Valued Contributor

If you're looking for a great smelling long lasting candle try white barn candles at bath and body they are on sale buy one get one free. I've tried many other high-end candles these are the best for me.

Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

If you're looking for a great smelling long lasting candle try white barn candles at bath and body they are on sale buy one get one free. I've tried many other high-end candles these are the best for me.

Sadly the White Barn candles are made in Vietnam. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

Sadly the White Barn candles are made in Vietnam. 

@Reever   I know you don't like China because of the virus, but what do you have against Vietnam?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I love the glass containers he uses but do the candles smell good? Just the glass alone would cost a lot.

I'm on the fence.

I'm burning a Yankee candle now that smells great - Honey Lavender. 

I have lots of cats but I have the candle up high on a tall cabinet and I would never leave it burning when I go to bed. It's in the bedroom where I spend all my time anyway.