Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,571
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

I did buy a set and sent a set to my daughter in Denver.

 

However, I'm not sure I'll be able to light them because Bill the cat loves to climb.  He hasn't met anything too high to climb (not always successful).

 

My friend was over the other day.  She was talking to me and stopped suddenly and said, "OMG!  Are you kidding me!  I think he's trying to figure out if he could make it to the ceiling fan" (which was going around at the time).

 

I've had him for about 7 or 8 years now.  The vet thinks he was about 5 years old when he came to me.  He's getting up there but he hasn't gotten the memo yet!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,975
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

@AuntG wrote:

I got them because I wanted something new for fall and I'm not shopping at craft stores or big box stores. Is it really free shipping @ROMARY  because Pat Dementri didn't mention that this morning when I watched?


 

@AuntG 

 

Many find his candles ridiculously overpriced.  You can find candles at Big Lots or Michaels for a fraction of the price. No worry about Shipping and Handling and you can sample the scent yourself.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 154
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

I won't buy his candles. There are small companies in our country that make great soy candles. I purchase awesome candles from a woman in NJ, "down the shore". 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,149
Registered: ‎04-28-2010

Re: Harry Slatkin Candles

[ Edited ]

'Oh, gee'.............I thought they were free shipping..........

 

Just read your comment right this minute.  (Sunday)

 

CORRECTION:  Shipping isn't free.  Sorry.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,956
Registered: ‎06-06-2012

@Reever wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

I got them because I wanted something new for fall and I'm not shopping at craft stores or big box stores. Is it really free shipping @ROMARY  because Pat Dementri didn't mention that this morning when I watched?


 

@AuntG 

 

Many find his candles ridiculously overpriced.  You can find candles at Big Lots or Michaels for a fraction of the price. No worry about Shipping and Handling and you can sample the scent yourself.


@Reever you can find candles many places for a fraction of the cost, but that doesn't mean they are comparable to Harry's scents. And while you say "many find his candles ridiculously overpriced", there are many who do not.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@DJs mom wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

I got them because I wanted something new for fall and I'm not shopping at craft stores or big box stores. Is it really free shipping @ROMARY  because Pat Dementri didn't mention that this morning when I watched?


 

@AuntG 

 

Many find his candles ridiculously overpriced.  You can find candles at Big Lots or Michaels for a fraction of the price. No worry about Shipping and Handling and you can sample the scent yourself.


@Reever you can find candles many places for a fraction of the cost, but that doesn't mean they are comparable to Harry's scents. And while you say "many find his candles ridiculously overpriced", there are many who do not.


@DJs mom ITA!  I have tried those cheap candles and they had so much soot and didn't burn evenly.  I do find a huge difference by paying alittle more for quality candles.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 127
Registered: ‎03-31-2010

I love Harry's candles. His TSV candles are his best ever! love them - cannot wait to see what he does for Christmas. I feel his three wick are wonderful!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 673
Registered: ‎04-08-2019

I don't care for his candles. He always seems to have mostly holiday scents, which I can't stand. Cinnamon, apple, pine, pumpkin pie....yuck, yuck, yuck!! Just thinking about them makes me nauseous!

 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,870
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

What scent do you want in a candle @SapphireGal ? The ones you mentioned are ones I like.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,975
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

@SapphireGal wrote:

I don't care for his candles. He always seems to have mostly holiday scents, which I can't stand. Cinnamon, apple, pine, pumpkin pie....yuck, yuck, yuck!! Just thinking about them makes me nauseous!

 


 

He what the NY tabloids refer to as a "Hamptonite" or a "socialite"  He seems totally out of touch with those struggling to make ends meet when he talks about all his candles in multiple rooms of his home and he burns them nonstop.