Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I guess mine is the same as yours, yes, I grill on high which is the 3rd flame.

I preheat, add when it tells me to add, listen for the sizzle (love that part) close the cover and come back to it in about 4 minutes, but I was cooking a Wahlburger tonight which is a little more an a 1/4#, turn it over (not sure if you are supposed to do that but I do) let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.

If I'm making let's say half of a Wahlburger or 1/8# and I make it a thin pattie, it's normally done in 4-5 minutes tops.   Actually I like a thin hamburger rather than a thick one.

I have never grilled anything frozen on the Ninja but I know people do.

I do a lot in the air fryer with frozen food but that's another story.

I love my Ninja and best of all with all the discounts I had, I think it was no more than $60 at Kohl's that one weekend, that was a deal.

But I was at Costco today and they have the exact same Ninja less than $150.   Anyone thinking about a mother's day gift for your mom, she will love it, so fast, so healthy (no grease frying) that I'm actually in awe when cooking burgers, chicken wings etc in the air fryer as to how much grease drops down to the lower pan, and just think I used to eat all that.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I guess mine is the same as yours, yes, I grill on high which is the 3rd flame.

I preheat, add when it tells me to add, listen for the sizzle (love that part) close the cover and come back to it in about 4 minutes, but I was cooking a Wahlburger tonight which is a little more an a 1/4#, turn it over (not sure if you are supposed to do that but I do) let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.

If I'm making let's say half of a Wahlburger or 1/8# and I make it a thin pattie, it's normally done in 4-5 minutes tops.   Actually I like a thin hamburger rather than a thick one.

I have never grilled anything frozen on the Ninja but I know people do.

I do a lot in the air fryer with frozen food but that's another story.

I love my Ninja and best of all with all the discounts I had, I think it was no more than $60 at Kohl's that one weekend, that was a deal.

But I was at Costco today and they have the exact same Ninja less than $150.   Anyone thinking about a mother's day gift for your mom, she will love it, so fast, so healthy (no grease frying) that I'm actually in awe when cooking burgers, chicken wings etc in the air fryer as to how much grease drops down to the lower pan, and just think I used to eat all that.

@Just Bling it says no need to flip burgers.  I guess if it's important to see the grill marks you just make sure to put that side up when plating.  I also have a Jenn-Aire grill.  I got the Ninja hoping to cut down on the smoke since I had an asthmatic cat.  Those Jenn-Aire downdraft fans are pretty worthless.  I spend a whole lot more time cleaning my Ninja, but the Jenn-aire tends to build up odors in the filter unless you also cleaned that every time you cooked, which I didn't.  Outta sight outta mind.  I still prefer the Jenn-aire for Quesadillas.  The fan on the ninja dries out the tortillia.

I got mine on an Amazon deal I just happened on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@January121 wrote:

Why can’t we just get “plain old” steak burgers? .... why the push for the Wagyu Kobe Style Beef Hamburgers? ...  I’ve bought them before & don’t like them ..... can anyone suggest a brand that has a good plain old steak burger! .... perhaps Kansas City Steaks?? .... Thanks !!!!! 

@January121 They are probably fattier than you or I would like.  A Whole Foods not too far from where we live has excellent ground beef.  Not sure if all do but what we get from them is first rate--in any ratio of fat too.

You can get a kitchenaid grinder attachment and make your own, experiment a little with what you buy and that's good.

Or find a local butcher shop and tell them what you like, and after a few batches you should have a reliable source.  

We use ground beef a lot.  If it is good there should be no off smell, no off color, and NO watery stuff running out of it!  It should smell and taste like a good steak. 

@Sooner  .... THANKS so much for your help😊🥰

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@January121Your supermarket probably has a variety of ground beef offerings by "%lean".  Make patties out of the ground beef.  Why not try that?  We do and they come out fine.

@Cats3000  ... THANKS!!! .... I’ll give it a try 😃🥰

Esteemed Contributor

THANKS!!!! everyone for all your suggestions 🥰❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

No doubt the lawyers added the "Kobe Style".  What a fake.

@Still Raining  Hmm, 'style,' I didn't even notice that. Kinda like buying a chuck roast in the 'style' of a prime rib?  This calls for some explaining. 

Close by me here in Oregon is a whole seller of Oregon hay to Japan.  I mean enormous sheds.

Once I am done laughing, I have to marvel at the price 😂😂😂

Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

Holy smokes! If I did the math correctly, this is over $10/lb!!! You could go to the grocery store or local meat market and get ground-up steak cheaper than that!

To eat his own, but I just can't see where this is a deal. 

@CritterKeeper it appears I got Hoodwinked too. Ordered the 12 burgers after watching Ray Rastelli rave about them. Called my niece who also watches the Q devotedly and she said I was had. Pointed out the price per pound and told me better off going to Walmart. 

Trusted Contributor
They think by giving you free s/h you are getting a bargain. Ha! I am sure they recoup their s/h by making it so expensive. They are not kidding anybody.