Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I like the Wahlbergers burgers that are available in the meat section at major grocery stores.

They are packaged 4 per package, about $8.99 but really taste good.

If you have the Ninja grill variety, I place on grill and about 6-7 minutes later, they are perfectly done and really delicious, taste like they came from an outdoor grill.

Originally Aldi's had them for a limited time at $6.99 along with the Wahlbergers sauce and that's where I was introduced to them.

I now sub the sauce with home made Outback Bloomin Onion Sauce spread on the bun and that's a delicious hamburger.

Anyone wants American Wagu Ground Beef, Sam's Club sells it in 1# packages and that true American Wagu not "style".  That Beef is delicious too.

@Just Bling are you cooking from frozen or thawed?

Esteemed Contributor

@On It 90% lean is what I buy also.  Delicious - my body can not handle the higher fat content.

Omaha - Not so great - like others..... flat compact round disks.  

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

No doubt the lawyers added the "Kobe Style".  What a fake.

@Still Raining  Hmm, 'style,' I didn't even notice that. Kinda like buying a chuck roast in the 'style' of a prime rib?  This calls for some explaining. 

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Why can’t we just get “plain old” steak burgers? .... why the push for the Wagyu Kobe Style Beef Hamburgers? ...  I’ve bought them before & don’t like them ..... can anyone suggest a brand that has a good plain old steak burger! .... perhaps Kansas City Steaks?? .... Thanks !!!!! 

@January121 They are probably fattier than you or I would like.  A Whole Foods not too far from where we live has excellent ground beef.  Not sure if all do but what we get from them is first rate--in any ratio of fat too.

You can get a kitchenaid grinder attachment and make your own, experiment a little with what you buy and that's good.

Or find a local butcher shop and tell them what you like, and after a few batches you should have a reliable source.  

We use ground beef a lot.  If it is good there should be no off smell, no off color, and NO watery stuff running out of it!  It should smell and taste like a good steak. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

I like the Wahlbergers burgers that are available in the meat section at major grocery stores.

If you have the Ninja grill variety, I place on grill and about 6-7 minutes later, they are perfectly done and really delicious, taste like they came from an outdoor grill.

Originally Aldi's had them for a limited time at $6.99 along with the Wahlbergers sauce and that's where I was introduced to them.

I now sub the sauce with home made Outback Bloomin Onion Sauce spread on the bun and that's a delicious hamburger.

Anyone wants American Wagu Ground Beef, Sam's Club sells it in 1# packages and that true American Wagu not "style".  That Beef is delicious too.

Fresh meat, that Ninja is fast and oh so delicious!

I grill at 500 deg.  (I believe it's set at the 3rd setting but it does register 500 deg.  

I also made 1/8# burgers from the American Wagu and those are done in 5 minutes

Respected Contributor

Guess I'm in the minority on the forums about Rastelli's. I've bought frozen burgers from many companies and none compare to these, in my opinion. I suppose buying a steak and grinding my own would be good but I like the convenience of being able to pull out one burger from the freezer when I get a hankering. I was glad to see they were offering them again; I'd bought them last year and have really enjoyed them all year round. Auto delivery is nice but I wouldn't need them every 90 days so I'll just hope they offer them again next year.

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925, you can adjust the frequency of the auto delivery. Skip a delivery or change to something like every 120 days if 90 is too frequent.

Esteemed Contributor

I rely on my local grocer and a well-known meat market in my city for pre-made burgers and ground beef. It's much less expensive, and I can individually freeze the pre-made burgers for extra convenience.

While I understand that some people will only eat a low-fat diet, the flavor in a good hamburger does not come from the very lean meat....it's from the fat content. I prefer to buy 80% to 85% lean so that I get some flavor for my burgers. Again, it's just my personal preference when local options are available.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Guess I'm in the minority on the forums about Rastelli's. I've bought frozen burgers from many companies and none compare to these, in my opinion. I suppose buying a steak and grinding my own would be good but I like the convenience of being able to pull out one burger from the freezer when I get a hankering. I was glad to see they were offering them again; I'd bought them last year and have really enjoyed them all year round. Auto delivery is nice but I wouldn't need them every 90 days so I'll just hope they offer them again next year.

@Carolina925 It's just the 2 of us, so when I buy meat for burgers, I just divide it into 4 portions, shape the burgers, and freeze the 2 portions I don't cook.  I have one of those Tupperware sets for pressing the burgers into shape which stack and have a lid for saving.  

I did buy a box of burgers at the grocery store during the pandemic out of fear that meat would become short on supply. I knew I could also thaw them and break them up for anything that called for ground beef, like spaghetti.  Couldn't tell you the brand, and they are all still in the freezer.  I figure I'll pull one out and try it some time when my husband goes to his boat.

I understand the convenience factor, but thought I would mention another option.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Fresh meat, that Ninja is fast and oh so delicious!

I grill at 500 deg.  (I believe it's set at the 3rd setting but it does register 500 deg.  

I also made 1/8# burgers from the American Wagu and those are done in 5 minutes

@Just Bling I have the older version of the Ninja.  It fits the space I have for it wheras the newer one wouldn't.  There are other reasons I think it's better than the newer version, but that's my personal preference.

I had fresh burgers last week, just the ground beef at the grocery store.  500 deg is the HIGH setting which is the 3rd flame.  MAX is the highest setting and I'm not sure what that temp is.  The cooking chart says 4 to 9 minutes on HIGH.  I originally planned for 5 minutes, but it didn't look completely cooked so I cooked it a couple of minutes more.  It was very good, but a little more done than I prefer which is Med Rare.

I was just curious as to whether you were cooking from frozen.  I think you can do that, but I'm not sure of the timing vs fresh.

We do have an Aldi's here although I have never been in the store.  I have been looking forward to checking out the Trader Joes that is supposed to be coming to the neighboring town, but it wouldn't be somewhere I would go weekly.  I have both a Publix and a Kroger within a 5-10 minute drive from the house.