Esteemed Contributor

Why can’t we just get “plain old” steak burgers? .... why the push for the Wagyu Kobe Style Beef Hamburgers? ...  I’ve bought them before & don’t like them ..... can anyone suggest a brand that has a good plain old steak burger! .... perhaps Kansas City Steaks?? .... Thanks !!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Why not just buy good ground, round steak or lean ground beef from the grocery store? There are also some good frozen brands.

Respected Contributor

@January121Your supermarket probably has a variety of ground beef offerings by "%lean".  Make patties out of the ground beef.  Why not try that?  We do and they come out fine.

Valued Contributor

Holy smokes! If I did the math correctly, this is over $10/lb!!! You could go to the grocery store or local meat market and get ground-up steak cheaper than that!

To eat his own, but I just can't see where this is a deal. 

Respected Contributor

I've been on auto delivery with Kansas City Steaks via QVC for years.  It includes sirlion steaks, steak tips and steak burgers.  Over the years, the quality just keeps going down.  The steaks now come in a packet of 2 and they are so small.  I measured one once and it was barely 3 inches.  The steak tips have a  lot of fat on them and needs to be trimmed.  The steakburgers are small too.  The last time I made them, my husband had a friend over.  We cooked on the grill and I was embarrassed to serve them, apologizing because of how small they were.  I make my own burger patties now.  Buying ground round/ground beef from the supermarket.  What a difference.  So much better.  My family noticed the difference too.

Esteemed Contributor

No doubt the lawyers added the "Kobe Style".  What a fake.

Respected Contributor

I am lucky to have access to a wonderful meat market, actually several of them, and have never considered ordering meat online. 

While I am sure these taste delicious, their fat content is too high for me.  I feel much better eating a lower fat diet and rarely eat red meat.  But a delicious burger is a great treat!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Grease is mostly what I see with these burgers.  Ray screams his love for the Rib Eye cut........I bought.........and they are bad.  Full of grease and tough - I've resorted to slicing the steaks and quick pan fry to use them up.  Never buy again.

Kobe beef is suppose to be very good but very expensive. Japan buys these from the USA.  Can't understand grinding a Kobe in to hamburg.  Doesn't add up..........

(Japan has limited land to raise beef cattle)

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Why can’t we just get “plain old” steak burgers? .... why the push for the Wagyu Kobe Style Beef Hamburgers? ...  I’ve bought them before & don’t like them ..... can anyone suggest a brand that has a good plain old steak burger! .... perhaps Kansas City Steaks?? .... Thanks !!!!! 

Omaha Steaks has ground filet mignon hamburger patties that are frozen and nice to have on hand for convenience. As far as fresh hamburger patties I purchase 93-97% extra lean hamburger at the grocery.

Respected Contributor

I like the Wahlbergers burgers that are available in the meat section at major grocery stores.

They are packaged 4 per package, about $8.99 but really taste good.

If you have the Ninja grill variety, I place on grill and about 6-7 minutes later, they are perfectly done and really delicious, taste like they came from an outdoor grill.

Originally Aldi's had them for a limited time at $6.99 along with the Wahlbergers sauce and that's where I was introduced to them.

I now sub the sauce with home made Outback Bloomin Onion Sauce spread on the bun and that's a delicious hamburger.

Anyone wants American Wagu Ground Beef, Sam's Club sells it in 1# packages and that true American Wagu not "style".  That Beef is delicious too.