Respected Contributor

I bought a long cardigan once and never wore it because it hung out my coat!

Are you suppose to bring it with you somewhere in a bag and put it on when you get to your destination?  I don't entertain much at home so I would not get wear from this!

Also, I appreciate the Petite offering for once, but if you are short and not real slim, I think this would be hard to pull off.  Like Halston, but this style is not for me.

Contributor

I like this one and bought two of them. Would have gotten 3, but the heather was sold out in my size. Simple, classy, and stylish. I would have preferred a hem that was not high-low, but I can live with it on this piece.

Honored Contributor

I love long dusters - but this one has just too many things wrong with it for my taste.  

Valued Contributor

I am petite and I don’t think dusters look good on me. But even if I could wear it, it is a no for many reasons. Don’t like the hi-low, not on a duster. It doesn’t seem to be laying right on some models. Especially in the front. But the biggest thing for me is it is machine wash and dry flat. What a nightmare. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Except for the odd high low feature, Costco sold the exact sweater last year for $15

I walked by a rack at Walmart the other day with a new shipment of long cardigans - $14.99 - no hi/lo hem.  Lots of colors and it isn't a lifelong commitment ....not saying that the TSV is a $$ commitment, just more for your buck if that is what you are looking for.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I really like the colors of this item and I thought it looked good on the tall, slender models.  But it looked weird on the curvy models.  And the hi/low was way too long!!!  If the top had been cut off at mid thigh level and no hi/lo hem, I would have purchased!.

Respected Contributor

Re: Halston TSV

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

looks too big on almost everyone...terrible for petites...looks like a blanket.

I only just tuned in, and logged on here to say the same...on Jill, who is 5'5" and said she put on the petite ...it looks too long, proportionally; it will never work on an actual petite of 5', 5'1", 2" or 3"!  And I also do not find the shape flattering, don't like the high/low aspect.  It is hanging like a too long, over-sized blanket on everyone, except the tallest of the models. Man, it's so hard, it seems to get mfrs to really get petite clothing proportioned as it should be...if you look at their comparison pics...that 5'2" model is swimming in the petite.  At 5'2, small frame...it's frustrating to me.  I love dusters, but prefer sleek, clean lines and straight hem, and of course the right proportion.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I love long dusters - but this one has just too many things wrong with it for my taste.  

Exactly; me too.

Honored Contributor

It's been literally years and years since I bought any fall/winter clothes, so when I found out just this morning that I need some surgery/recovery time before I head for Florida, what was one of the first things I thought about - of course, what do I have to wear once the NY temperatures change?! 

Thus, I find myself watching Jill do Halson.  I love the fall colors, but I'll have to look more before I decide what to do.  Not buying way too much and I do have dark jeans and some shirts and sweaters, but I know I'll more than likely want at least one outfit that's not so casual and that looks relevant for now and I want something I'll be happy to wear for a few years.  I don't think the TSV is that for me.

Respected Contributor

Oh don't get me wrong .. I love the look of a long duster .. I just want it

all one length .....