Respected Contributor

looks too big on almost everyone...terrible for petites...looks like a blanket.

Esteemed Contributor

I like many Halston pieces, but I personally don’t care for this one. Shape is odd and the length isn’t so flattering imo.

Valued Contributor

I personally have never cared for anything with long slits on each side.  For those who do, wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

My concern is how the back would stretch out when you sit down and then get up again.  A pass for me.  (Also, don't care for the high-low feature.)

Respected Contributor

@coconut1818 wrote:

I personally have never cared for anything with long slits on each side.  For those who do, wear it in good health!

Sometimes the long side slits take away from the overall look of the cardigans.  I like to layer sometimes and when I was in Europe long cardigans were worn just like short sweaters would be in the U.S.  I purchased a Lisa Rinna long cardigan and it was great for me because they were offered in both the petite and regular sizes.  

Lisa Rinna Collection Petite Open Front Duster Cardigan

Honored Contributor

I love long cardigans and I was so looking forward to this TSV.  Halston has some of the best fabrics in their sweaters and knit tops.  But I have to pass on this one.

I don't know why they did a high/low hem in a long cardigan -- it's already a long cardigan.  I would have liked the side slits, but this one looks already too wide in the slit at the top of it during the midnight presentation I saw.  That's a definite warning sign to me.  It looks like the knit is so soft it pulls away right at the top of the slit, especially since the back is longer and thereby heavier. 

The colors are very nice and I'm sure it's wonderfully soft.  I would have purchased it, if not for the high/low feature.  Enjoy it, if you love it.

Valued Contributor

I agree. It does look too long on all the models. I have never cared for high-low hems on any garment. IMO, this open cardigan would have been perfect if the hem ended right below the hip. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper My opinion mostly echos what you wrote.  I realize the Q buyers and the Halston design team were trying to spin the duster sweater since so many long sweaters were offered last fall, but this TSV design was ruined (IMO) with the high/low hemline.  

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361  I agree with you - love much of what Halston offers but this one doesn't get it for me.

I don't like the hi-low of this, too extreme and I also do not like the hem curveture. I also don't like a longer sweater of this nature that has no buttons to hold closed if I so want.

Super Contributor

To me it's the type of sweater you can only wear when you don't need a coat. If you have a very long coat it might be ok but otherwise it would look silly hanging down below your coat line. 

Maybe it's a sweater you wear when you are at home, not going anywhere.