Respected Contributor

Always tempted to try but worry about the lasers being safe to the brain.  ANyone else concerned about this?  I Know it is approved but still makes you wonder...

Honored Contributor

It seems if one is going to worry about the safeness of this product, after it has been FDA approved, then it should not be purchased.

If I wanted/needed it, I would not worry since it has gone thru a lot of testing before it could get federal approval. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe one presentation years ago when they first came out with this product mentioned that it took years before the FDA would approve it.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl I know there are various uses for lasers and I have occasionally seen reviews or reports that the use was not totally successful, but I have not seen reports their use caused damage to the user.  Have you?

Trusted Contributor

I've wondered about this product if it really works, quite pricey, has anyone had any success with 'Hair Max?'

Honored Contributor

What I don't like about this product is that it's just ad...

[ Edited ]

What I don't like about the TSV headband is that it's just addressing the area where the headband rests.  What about the area in front and behind it?  What about the back of the head?   

i have experience some hair thinning/loss recently. I don't know with 100% certainty, but I suspect I was overdoing it on the zinc supplements.  Zinc is great for hair, but too much over an extended time is not.  I purchased a Theradome Laser Hair Growth Device (looks like a bike helmet) from Costco online at the end of June.  It was on sale and Costco has an excellent return policy.   I've been using it ever other night (just finished treatment #12 last night) and I also use The Ordinary Hair Peptides every night at bedtime (applied all over and massaged in with a scalp stimulator). I'm also washing my hair less often.  I can see baby hairs growing and my stylist has noticed as well. The hair peptides are not at all greasy.  I still take certain "hair & skin" supplements but I believe the addition of my laser helmet snd hair peptides has helped my situation.  

Super Contributor
Has anyone had luck with this Hairmax brand??
Esteemed Contributor

@usffan wrote:
Has anyone had luck with this Hairmax brand??

@usffan 

I think it's SilleeMee (sp) who has had very good luck. She will probably respond at some point.

I on the other hand used HairMax (one of the handheld kind) faithfully for a year following directions and nada.

Valued Contributor

NEIGHBER  BOUGHT IT LAST TIME IT WAS ON  HAS YET TO SEE  ONE HAIR   LOL  WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY    

Respected Contributor

If it worked so well, the name would be second nature to us all.

Never heard of it and yes, I would be worried about laser and the brain.

Another thing I noticed was the presentation last night, Shawn had the band on her head (not even sure if it was on) but she talked slow and solemn, which was really strange.

Contributor

I ordered this two times, a few years ago, the first one quit charging after 3 days, sent it back, they sent another one and the same thing happened, so I got a refund, I was dissapointed, really wanted to try it. Not long after that, and also reading that a lot of other people had had the same problem, qvc quit offering this particular hairmax, they only seemed to have the handheld version.  Maybe this new TSV is new and improved, and they solved the problem with them,  I guess I will wait and see peoples reviews after they try it, If you order this, I hope you have good luck!