Honored Contributor

I bought it for my husband, I think it's worth a try and I can send it back in under 180 days and get my money back if it doesn't work.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Apparently one must use it FOREVER in order to reap benefits.  

@bargainsgirl I don't own it, but wouldn't it be worth it to use "FOREVER" if it works for people who have bald/thinning hair, if that condition bothers them?

Like anything else (brushing your teeth, exercising, eating properly, cleaning your clothes, etc.), if you want something to work or stay in condition, you continue to use it, not just start and stop. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair max safety

[ Edited ]

Every single hair loss treatment, drug and device has to be used for the rest of ones life.  Your other option is to go bald or wear a wig.  No thanks.  You critics should not comment on topics you know absolutely nothing about.  Your ignorance is showing.  Rather than take drugs or rub drugs on my scalp for the rest of my life , which have terrible side effects including causing breast cancer, I prefer using the laser with no side effects for “a total of 9 minutes a week”.  I exercise 1&1/2 hours a day 6 days a week, I spend more time brushing my teeth than using the laser comb, I spend more time every day & night putting creams and serums on my face to keep my skin looking young and I spend a heck of a lot of time every single day putting on my makeup and styling my hair.  Yet, you people criticize 9 minutes A WEEK .  Give me a break!!!!!

Honored Contributor
One article I read was by a doctor who advised to avoid getting the light in your eyes. Could cause eye damage.

If you have concern about safety, lots of articles out there with enough info for you make up your mind.
Trusted Contributor

IMW the hair max is not marketed for hair loss due to medical reasons.  They specifically say it’s for female and male pattern hair loss.  The person who mentioned going blind if the laser gets in your eyes!  Those are the strong lasers when your having laser treatment on your face and have to wear goggles.  In addition the lasers on the hairmax are low level you would have to literally bring the device all the way up to your eyeballs and stare at it.  Who would do such a thing?  The lasers are not like like bulbs.  You put the hairmax on your head then turn it on.