Respected Contributor

My hair is thinning from age, using Tamoxifen, and heredity. I am 65.  I would love to try Hairmax but I am concerned about its safey.  Apparently one must use it FOREVER in order to reap benefits.  Can this kind of use be a problem in years to come such as brain tumors or any other type of ailment to affect the brain?

Honored Contributor

I googled FDA cleared. HMMMM

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I can not believe any one would buy this, just ridiculous.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair max safety

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

My hair is thinning from age, using Tamoxifen, and heredity. I am 65.  I would love to try Hairmax but I am concerned about its safey.  Apparently one must use it FOREVER in order to reap benefits.  Can this kind of use be a problem in years to come such as brain tumors or any other type of ailment to affect the brain?

I'm 71 and this past year or so, my formerly  thick hair has been thinning at (to me, anyway) an alarming rate.

So, I've thought about this device like you have.  But you raise good questions.  I am now more concerned about health things than I am about vanity things, and I don't want to use things like the NUface, or those light stim devices anywhere around my eyes, since I've developed a retina problem, and I realize how precious my eyes are.  Of course I always knew that, but having a real issue all of a sudden brings the whole thing into a new perspective.

I really don 't care if it's approved by some government agency.  Those agencies have been wrong in the past.

Yes, I hate my thinning hair, but I think I will pass on this device.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using hair growth lasers for a long time. I bought the very first HM-9 comb when it was introduced here on the Q many years ago and since then I have bought another device (CapillusPro Cap)) that has 270 laser lights in it. No problems whatsoever and happy to report that my hair is back again after nearly going bald. 

I still use my HM-9 comb for the sides and back of my head...places where the cap doesn't reach.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a rather lengthy NIH dot gov publication about hair growth lasers titled 

"Efficacy and Safety of a Low-level Laser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss" ...specifically stating the use of the HairMax comb.

For just info about safety, scroll down to see the part about "Safety and Tolerability" Also scroll down to close to the end and read the "Conclusions" about this publication in case you didn't want to read the entire thing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3986893/

Trusted Contributor

For those of you who are non believers, I have news for you,  The Hairmax WORKS!!!  My hair was thinning and since I started using it everything stopped and my hair grew back.   One of you posted that you can't believe that people would buy this!!!  Well, what would you do if you started losing your hair?  Nothing!!!!  or take the dangerous drugs?   This is 100% safe!!!!!!   The top doctors in the world who specialize in hair loss recommend this over the dangerous drugs and it works with NO side effects.  Yes, of course you have to use it "3 times a week for 3 minutes", so what!!!!  That is nothing!!!  If this is what you have to do to stop your hair loss and regrow hair you mean to tell me that 9 minutes (total) a week is too much work!!!!  To the OP on here, it is not dangerous but if your hair loss is from the drugs you are taking then it may not work.

Honored Contributor

@Danielle46 wrote:

Yes, of course you have to use it "3 times a week for 3 minutes",

@Danielle46  For the rest of your life?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

Yes, forever. It's just like going to the gym for muscle strength...use it or lose it. @Mz iMac

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

Yes, forever. It's just like going to the gym for muscle strength...use it or lose it. @Mz iMac

No different than the facial devices or even the creams and serums we use.  You have to keep using it to maintain the effect.