Super Contributor

Re: HSN fitbit versa lite TSV vs QVC fitbit inspire hr TSV

I have had the Fitbit Charge 2 for 2 1/2 years and I love it.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@willdob3 My Garmin rarely gave me steps for pushing the grocery cart. Too bad, 'cuz I spend a lot of time shopping while pushing a cart! ha! If I am at Walmart for an hour and walking most of the time, I would like to get credit for it.

I agree. I’ve started to put my Garmin in my pocket when I’m pushing a shopping cart. I never had to do that when I had my Fitbit. 

Respected Contributor

I actually have both and I prefer the inspire only because I like to were my fitbit on my bra and not on my wrist. I like to wear a nice watch and Jewelry. I don't like the look of fitness trackers. You can buy a clip for the inspire for about $20 and wear it on your bra. 

I bought he versa last year so I could get phone alerts since my mom was so sick. I wore it for a while but missed my nice watches. so I purchased the insipire. 

I previously had a fitbit 1 which I loved but it bit the dust. The inspire is ok but if I could get my fitbit 1 back I would use it. My understanding in that the fitbit 1 would not update the latest software, so fitbit basically phased it out to make you have to buy a new fitbit. I was not amused when that happened. 

Frequent Contributor

While counting steps are not accurate on ther versa and most wrist devices.  I think the apple watch is accurate. 

What has been suggested on many website is keep track for about a week the number of step that are displayed and that is your normal and go from there.  I check my baseline steps every so many months then do more steps.

I read some people use the large strap and put the watch on their ankle.  Not sure if I like that idea, but that way you get an accurate number of steps,

Super Contributor

I love my fitbit charge 3 but it doesn't always register steps.  If you are in the supermarket pushing a cart, it doesn't calculate the steps. I take it off and put it in my pocket

Super Contributor

Wore the Fitbit for 2 days and like the look and feel of it Got it in the mulberry color which is very vibrant

It did give me extra extra steps. Call Fitbit CS and was told as long as you move your arms it will count as steps

When reading reviews on the other fitbits some people said same thing.

So I’m not sure what I want to do

So appreciate all your input and suggestions regarding the Fitbit thank you so much
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

How accurate do you think the wrist fitbits are?  Can they count your steps if you're shopping and pushing a cart?  Likewise, do they count "steps" when you're moving your arms at your desk?

My first fitbit was the One which was on a clip.  I currently have a flex 2 and bought a clip(amazon) for that.  I wear the clip near the center of my body, as I would a regular pedometer.

Those with the wrist ones, do you think they are pretty accurate?

eta...On the other hand (no pun intended), I guess I wouldn't mind the extra "steps" when working with my hands without so many steps...yard work (raking, mulching).  I want step credit for that work!! Woman Happy

@DustRose  You could do as someone else said and put it in your pocket if it's on your wrist and your feet are moving but your hands aren't; or go to amazon and see if they have a clip that will allow you to wear your fitbit on your body, not just your wrist.

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor

I bought the Inspire. Maybe someone can help me with my problem. I doesn't track my sleep accurately. I can sleep from 11:00 to 7:30 and it will say I slept from 2:30 am to 4:00 am. Have i set it up wrong?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

mjd1954 - how did you set it?

Did you set it to the number of hours you intent to sleep and what time your would fall asleep and wake up

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@willdob3 My Garmin rarely gave me steps for pushing the grocery cart. Too bad, 'cuz I spend a lot of time shopping while pushing a cart! ha! If I am at Walmart for an hour and walking most of the time, I would like to get credit for it.

I take my Garmin off and put it in my pocket while shopping.