Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN -TS - Leaf & Petal Designs Wax-Dipped Amaryllis Bulb

I have gotten them at Target or Costco in the past several years.

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB   These are really easy and they do have a hangtag with directions, mostly about watering. Couldn't be easier. 

Respected Contributor

I saw them in Walmart for $10 today along with Paper Whites. They used to be $8.  Some years alot  were left over after Christmas  a sold for half price. The ones I bought years ago were good but the past couple of years no blooms  have come up , only green leaves.  I have not purchased lately.

Respected Contributor

QVC featured a Roberta's jumbo amaryllis (M59468) for $25, and I think it included the pot.  It's still more than it should, but if you are sending it as a gift to someone, it might come close in price to buying one locally and paying to ship it to someone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BdBettyB    Suggestion:  Why don't you NOT buy it? 

That reply to her ,was not nice.

It was rude.

Respected Contributor

Sam's always has them at Christmas........ Last year they were 17 dollars.......

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ones I got we not a cheaper grade and they bloomed twice for me so be careful what you state unless you know what you are talking about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy the ones at WM or Target each year they bloom beautiful and I think they were $10 each.

I saw the presentation and the "fine print" shown on the screen -- plants shown are representative of what your plant "may look like" the ones on set are "faux"...not my idea of spending $30 and maybe get 2 or 3 vs 1.

I just SMH on some of the Today's Special or TSVs...nothing unique

Respected Contributor

I sent one to my aunt. She’s 500 miles away. This was convenient.
Contributor

I haven't ordered the ones from HSN, but I did get them from QVC the last two years.  They were expensive, but all the ones I ordered were wonderful with 4 large flowers each and they lasted for a number of weeks.

I gave them as gifts to some relatives and it was fun comapring when they bloomed and who got the biggest flowers. We'd text pictures back and forth in our "friendly competition".

I agree they are expensive, and if I had access to cheaper ones, I might go for them.  But it was nice to be able to send them directly to the gift recipients and not worry about shipping them myself.

I can understand that many people won't be interested, or can find them cheaper, but the QVC ones were a big hit last year and a nice way to stay connected when we were separated for the holidays.