Respected Contributor

HSN TS Ize Blue-Light Readers

Has anyone tried these?  I need some new readers and loved Joy Mangano's--no distortion, well-made, etc.  I wonder how these compare...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN TS Ize Blue-Light Readers

I don't own these but I did purchase a pair of the Prive Rivaux  blue light ones and I have to say they actually gave me a headache.  I too liked JM's readers as they actually seemed better quality than Prive and were much less expensive.  Wish I could be more helpful but I've resorted to just using an old pair of my reading glasses on my computer.

I'm going to ask my eye doctor when I go in the fall what the best thing is to protect my eyes from the blue light.  I am no longer falling for these gimmicks.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal   I've read several articles online, including one here, written by opthomologists who say there's absolutely no medical necessity whatsoever for protection from blue light.  It's just a sales gimmick. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The HSN TS is great for the blue-light blocking feature, but not my style.    

I like the various Prive Revaux styles much better as fashion accessories go.  PR have blue-light blocking; anti-reflective coating; and are also scratch-resistant. I own multiple pairs.  

Respected Contributor

I like them.  I got them several months ago--I always buy a bunch of readers because I have them in every room of the house.  I think they are better quality than the dollar store ones.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I like them.  I got them several months ago--I always buy a bunch of readers because I have them in every room of the house.  I think they are better quality than the dollar store ones.

Thank you!  This is what I needed to know!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    I can only speak for myself but I know before I started using blu light blocking glasses I was suffering severe eye strain.  When I would turn away from my screen my eyes took time to adjust and I had blurred vision.  I know that since using blu light blocking glasses I don't have that issue 

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat   I tried a pair and couldn't tell a bit of difference. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment