Valued Contributor

https://www.hsn.com/todays-special

I will be honest I am shocked that this coat costs that much!!! Anyone else think so too?? Btw- I am at work, so I cannot post an actual image, sorry.

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

I love the navy/yellow!

The price is probably because due to the new manufacturing of using recycled water bottles to make the filling (is that what it is called? Sounds like a turkey haha). New technology always starts out expensive. I have never heard of a coat filling being made of water bottles?

A brilliant idea, and one I hope becomes the norm for all coat filling. With all the water bottles needing to be disposed of, imagine how many could be re-purposed if engineers can continue to develop way of making other stuff with them.

I am really curious how they made it feel like a soft warm filling.

I do not need another coat but that navy/yellow is calling me Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

I've been a snowbird for enough years now that I don't often look at prices for winter. No idea here what similar coats might cost -  but like everything else, they probably can be bought for far more as well as less.

I'm not buying.  There's still a winter jacket in my closet -  must be at least 8 years old and I get to wear it so seldom that it probably still owes me money.  When I was buying winter clothes, there were always good coat sales during the first half of November.  

Valued Contributor

I disagree.  Looks like a nice jacket.  I like the thyme but I don't need another coat.  I don't think price point is that bad at all.

Trusted Contributor

Depending on what the temperature rating the coat has, yes it could be a reasonable price.  The description doesn't indication what that rating is so I'm skeptical of what that may be so the price isn't a great value IMO.

Honored Contributor

To me it looks like the zip-out lining part of another coat. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen a presentation but just looking at it, it doesn't look like it would be a very warm coat.  It looks very thin.  @SilleeMee , now that you mention it, it does look like the zip out lining of other coats.  LOL 

I also don't think it's the least bit attractive.  I hate the way it tapers in at the hemline, almost giving it the look of a bubble bottom coat.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I own a long winter coat which has a zip-out lining. I can wear the lining all by itself or just wear the outer shell like a lightweight trench. I'm not crazy about the look of wearing just the lining part...which looks a lot like that TS but mine is longer.

Respected Contributor

Didn't Dennis Basso recently have a Q2 Big Deal like this very recently?  I'm not in the market for a new coat, so I don't remember the price comparison, but I remember it looked similar.