Contributor

HSN'S TODAY'S SPECIAL: JOY First Class TuffTech Luggage Collection with SpinBall Wheels

I don't even travel but I had to get this today's special it is AWESOME!!!!! The wheels alone on this lugage is worth the price they are incredible JOY is INCREDIBLE. Love this HSN'S TODAY SPECIAL! If I could afford it I would buy a several sets for gifts it is just beautiful! Her prices are unbelievable for the Quality of her merchandise that you can't get any where else. If you need any type of lugage check it out I own other pieces of hers and they DON'T Disappoint  but this new luggage with her indestructable wheels & RFID protection is GORGEOUS ! I will probably pick up another one to give as a gift for someone I know that travels several times a year and would love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN'S TODAY'S SPECIAL: JOY First Class TuffTech Luggage Collection with SpinBall Wheels

By the time I saw it all colors except black and red were sold out.  I guess I will have to pass

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN'S TODAY'S SPECIAL: JOY First Class TuffTech Luggage Collection with SpinBall Wheels

[ Edited ]

Looks like a great deal, and there "were" plenty of color choices.

I wonder if the carryon dimensions, maximum size is 9" x 14" x 22", including handles and wheels would be an issue.  JM's dimensions are 14x10.5x22, and it's an approximate size?  I guess you have to check with airlines to see if her luggage dimensions are acceptable.  Last year I purchased Samantha Brown's carryon on special with tote and packing cubes.  After one, non-stop (domestic) trip, the corners on the luggage were torn.  Also, I  found the luggage on the heavy side, and wheels did not perform well on carpeted areas.  I did get compliments on how nice it looks.

Trusted Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I wonder if the carryon dimensions, maximum size is 9" x 14" x 22", including handles and wheels would be an issue.  JM's dimensions are 14x10.5x22, and it's an approximate size?  I guess you have to check with airlines to see if her luggage dimensions are acceptable.  Last year I purchased Samantha Brown's carryon on special with tote and packing cubes.  After one, non-stop (domestic) trip, the corners on the luggage were torn.  Also, I  found the luggage on the heavy side, and wheels did not perform well on carpeted areas.  I did get compliments on how nice it looks.

@AKgirl2 I have the SB carry-on and doctor's tote. I've been able to take them on a couple trips, and they survived. But I bought a 28" bag from her line, and the top handle broke while taking the packed bag down the stairs! It was 4 a.m., and I was on my way to the airport, so I didn't have time to move everything into my TravelPro bag. Going to give the SB 28" to Goodwill because it would be too annoying to travel with again, but I like my carry-on. The wheels don't roll as well as my Delsey, but it's so pretty that I don't care. Smiley Happy I got two compliments from strangers the last time I flew with the basketweave set. (I don't know if they still carry that.) One stranger asked me where I got it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pinkmochi wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@AKgirl2 I have the SB carry-on and doctor's tote. I've been able to take them on a couple trips, and they survived. But I bought a 28" bag from her line, and the top handle broke while taking the packed bag down the stairs! It was 4 a.m., and I was on my way to the airport, so I didn't have time to move everything into my TravelPro bag. Going to give the SB 28" to Goodwill because it would be too annoying to travel with again, but I like my carry-on. The wheels don't roll as well as my Delsey, but it's so pretty that I don't care. Smiley Happy I got two compliments from strangers the last time I flew with the basketweave set. (I don't know if they still carry that.) One stranger asked me where I got it!

@pinkmochi ~ My old luggage (20+ years) was still in more than great shape, which I donated.  I just wanted a change, especially style and color.  I know that SB's luggage won't hold up 20+ years, based on its maiden voyage.  Good luck with yours, and happy trails to you!

✈️🚢

Honored Contributor

IMHO the quality of Joy's merchandise, especially her luggage, couldn't be worse.  I have a whole set, with extra pieces, which will go to the Salvation Army next time they're at my house.  The largest piece will not even stand up when packed.  The "innovative" clothing holder inside is impossible to load and use.  The whole thing = a costly mistake. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I had a set,but gave it to my daughter, I had to check mine at AA.got a dent on top from them throwing it.  it's a hit or miss,I went back to Samantha brown

Respected Contributor

I haven't traveled by plane for awhile but I have been on several overseas trips in the past and had the airlines ruin 2 expensive suitcases.  So then I bought a set of cheap luggage when Macy's had a one day sale and when you divided the pieces each piece averaged about $15.00.  That one has survived several trips where my expensive ones didn't so you never know!

I got a set of Samantha Brown in the pretty seaglass color this summer when it was a special value..  I have only used it on driving trips.  Not sure if I would check it.  I am afraid they would destroy it.  I got my Dad a LUG wheelie bag recently and ordered me one thinking I would use it as a rolling bag for teaching.  It was much larger than it appeared on TV and is comparible in size to the Samantha Brown carry on.  Bonus is that it is very lightweight.  Too big to use as a teaching bag though so now I have another suitcase!

I have had hit or miss with Joy's products.  I do have a couple of her beauty cases and those are good for a lot of different things.

Honored Contributor

On my last trip flying, I used my new luggage for the first time. It was an expensive set but unfortunately I do not remember the name.

We had to make connecting flights because we were flying to Vancouver, BC. I was pleased how well the luggage held up. It went through MANY people between the airlines, customs US and Canada and the cruise line.

When I went to pick up my luggage when I arrived home, the bag was soaked. And since there was no rain until we arrived in Philadelphia - I let my husband have it. I was so mad. Packing for our trip back home, my husbands bag was over the weight limit. So he put his bottles of liquor in my bag. And since my bag was soaked, I figured a bottle of liquor broke and leaked all over my bag. Grumble Grumble all the way home.

Finally when we got home I opened my bag. The inside was dry and the 2 bottles were just fine. Apparently, my bag must have been dropped into a puddle of water at the Philadelphia airport. And sat in the water so long that portions of the bag soaked up so much water, that I left a trail of water taking my bag to the shuttle and eventually my car.

So please look into whether a bag is waterproof.

Honored Contributor

I have her TuffTech Tote (looks like a large handbag) and it's fantastic. Fits right under the seat in front of you when flying; wipes clean, has leather trim, looks great and holds a ton. I gave my MIL one as they fly quite a bit. I would have purchased the luggage however....

The carry one will NOT fit on 3 of the airlines we fly including British Airways. It will fit on Virgin. Our last trip was a nightmare because ALL of our carry-on were now 1-2 inches too wide or 2 high to bring on and the measurements of this carry one is the same size as our old ones. We had to PAY to have them checked. 

A VERY expensive lesson. I now look at the measurements like a hawk because of it.