Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Kalafono Gemstone Treet

I like it!  We had a Kalafono globe which I loved but unfortunately broke during one of our moves.  If I had a place to display this and it were half price, would definitely consider.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not purchasing but think it is very cool looking.

By the way it is a "tree", and not a "treet".

Enjoy those who purchase!

Honored Contributor

I've had a Kalifano globe (19"-tall) on my desk for a long time. I love it. 

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

I am not purchasing but think it is very cool looking.

By the way it is a "tree", and not a "treet".

Enjoy those who purchase!

A 'Freudian slip' ...? LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Unique and cool looking.  Lots of interesting things on their web site

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Jewelry Television has one for $32.99Amethyst Gemstone Tree Figurine

@Desertdi 

That one looks sad and anemic.

Respected Contributor

Apparently they offered this in March (not as a TS so a little higher priced) and it sold out and got very good reviews.  I like gemstones and I thought it interesting but not buying it.  

Trusted Contributor

These were quite popular back in the day.  When I saw it was a TSV, I thought it was at least something different than their usual offerings.

Trusted Contributor

I inherited one of these trees from my mom who bought it on an overseas trip back in late 1960's. They were popular back then, along with lava lamps, fishnet drapes, macrame, shag carpet etc. I still have it for sentimental reasons, but I display it in my guest bedroom where we have very infrequent visitors, and I remove it from the room before any guest arrives. Tried to pawn it off on my daughter but she not so graciously declined. I remember seeing these gemstone trees at Disney World in 1979 at the China pavilion in Epcot. I don't watch much HSN, but the host I saw offering the tree said she has several displayed in her Florida home. Her favorite is the amethyst. We have been in Florida for many years, and I have yet to see one of these trees displayed in a home other than mine. 😄

Esteemed Contributor

I happen to own one I purchased on HSN last year. I love it and have the multi one that @Desertdi posted. It is beautiful and it's all actual gemstones and the branches are all copper wire. I thought 170 was a good price and it was free shipping. To each his own but I'm happy with mine Smiley Happy