Super Contributor

HSN just had this identical laptop in touchscreen as a TSV a few weeks ago. They were $20 cheaper with free shipping. Looks like QVC would at least be able to match the TSV price that was on HSN; since they are owned by the same company now.  It has good reviews on HSN.   HSN still has the gold version for the same price as the QVC TSV (Touchsreen only).  My only drawback is that it is only 4GB RAM and Windows S mode.  Not sure I can live without my Google Chrome.  Last time I used mirosoft edge, it was very slow and aggrivating.  I wonder if Edge has improved in the past few years?  Anybody have a Windows S Mode computer?  Besides Google Chrome, is there any other major program that you use that you cannot use on the S mode? 

Trusted Contributor

Shopping channels usually don't sell the most up-to-date computers. I know nothing about Windows computers but am thinking that if this computer you're looking at doesn't run some of your programs now, they'll probably be more in the future. This RAM is very low. If I were you, I think I'd still look around.

Honored Contributor

So there's the rub on this HP TSV......They should have stated this at the beggining of their presentations starting with the sneak peeks....

You are stuck with Edge as your browser which doesnt always play nice with other things, and people have problems with it not working, stops working,  runs slowly etc etc etc....There are pages and pages on Google with showig how to make repairs to Edge...and also You Tube videos, but who wants to hassle with that....Id rather use Chrome and FireFox with few problems....and security....all you need is good virus and malware protection ....

QVC needs to be upfront with these things---Just like the Amazon Tablet ---you cant access the Google Play Store (unless you use some wild round about way to get to it that tech savvy people found)....yet QVC never discussed......

Full disclosure would be nice .....otherwise people will have to go through the hassle to return these items....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@ugabugabooooo --I've been looking for a new laptop myself, which means I've been checking out a lot of different models over the last few weeks. One thing I've read about laptops that have Windows 10 S mode is that you can change them to regular Windows 10, but if you do so, you can't go back to S mode. And, of course, if you change, you'll need to have some antivirus program installed. I also actually heard the rep mention this detail on one of the presentations I caught last night.

As someone else on here said, you would probably be better off with a laptop that has more RAM than this one, but who knows, depending on what you will be using it for, it might be sufficient. Personally, I've been looking for a good deal on a laptop with at least 8 GB of RAM, a 256 GB SSD, and an I5 processor. I considered this one briefly, but am going to hold out for one that meets my specs. 

Valued Contributor

@ugabugabooooo --After I signed off, I went to Best Buy to see what offers they had for today. I first clicked on their "deal of the day" and saw they had a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S on sale for $259.99. Now I don't know anything about this model, nor did I click on it to see all of its specs, so don't know if this is a good model or not. But, if you want to check it out, I did see that it has an I3 processor and a 128 GB SSD. It's 15.6 inches. Unfortunately, it also just has 4 GB RAM, but thought I'd tell you about it if you want to check it out. 

Honored Contributor

I just received mine ....  LOVE the backlit keyboard & light weight,  but didn't realize it doesn't have a slot for discs.  I have to buy an attachment.