Contributor

HP Laptop being shipped from China??

[ Edited ]

The HP Laptop that was the TSV a while back is finally shipping. Got the tracking number today and it is shipping y Fedex from CHINA - seriously QVC??? I tried canceling a couple days after I ordered and they said it can't be canceled because it was in the process of being shipped - more like in the process of being made. The presentation made it sound like they had them on hand. :/

Honored Contributor

Re: HP Laptop being shipped from China??

As far as I know, nearly every computer on QVC is made to order and shipped from the manufacturer, not from a QVC warehouse. This is especially try for any computer TSV. (I'm not sure about Apple products, but HP and Dells are shipped made to order.)

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

As far as I know, nearly every computer on QVC is made to order and shipped from the manufacturer, not from a QVC warehouse. This is especially try for any computer TSV. (I'm not sure about Apple products, but HP and Dells are shipped made to order.)

I purchased a Dell TSV laptop a while ago and it shipped in 4 days from Dell (in the US) so obviously they already had them made. If these HP laptops are freshly made  they sure cut corners as a  number of features are old technology like  the wireless , the ethernet as well as other features. The problem with these custom models for QVC is it is next to impossible to find specs/reviews on them if QVC does not provide them. Needless to say it's going back after it gets off the slow boat from China and I ordered an HP all in one from here that has far superior  specs as well as a larger screen (don't really need the portability) for only a little more which shipped from North Carolina in 2 days and they listed the detailed specs-seems if they don't list the detailed specs there is a reason - live and learn.

Honored Contributor

I've purchased 2 HP laptops on QVC over the years and neither was shipped from China, but by QVC and in the time frame I received them, they definitely weren't made to order in China, then shipped.

My last one was maybe 4-5 years ago though, so I wonder if this is new with HPs.

Dells have always been made to order in China, then shipped from there, as far as I know.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranCNY wrote:

The HP Laptop that was the TSV a while back is finally shipping. Got the tracking number today and it is shipping y Fedex from CHINA - seriously QVC??? I tried canceling a couple days after I ordered and they said it can't be canceled because it was in the process of being shipped - more like in the process of being made. The presentation made it sound like they had them on hand. :/

@FranCNY  If there is anything wrong with your Laptop, you can return it to QVC for a complete refund and QVC pays for the shipping.

I prefer to buy computers from Costco as they have a more up to date model. You can get the 3 years warranty for damage and water damage. Get one on sale and it is even better.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I've purchased 2 HP laptops on QVC over the years and neither was shipped from China, but by QVC and in the time frame I received them, they definitely weren't made to order in China, then shipped.

My last one was maybe 4-5 years ago though, so I wonder if this is new with HPs.

Dells have always been made to order in China, then shipped from there, as far as I know.

I just   checked my records and the last and only Dell Laptop I purchased was a TSV at the end of November 2015. It shipped 3 days after the order was placed and shipped out of Nashville, TN so obviously it was not custom mae We have ordered other computers  from QVC and unless they were advance orders have shipped promptly and always from the USA-perhaps QVC is moving operations ???to China?

Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@FranCNY wrote:

@FranCNY  If there is anything wrong with your Laptop, you can return it to QVC for a complete refund and QVC pays for the shipping.

I prefer to buy computers from Costco as they have a more up to date model. You can get the 3 years warranty for damage and water damage. Get one on sale and it is even better.

I  so agree about Costco - especially with their 90 day return policy but the EZ Pay is what lures you in here Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I would never order a computer from QVC usually they are older models with software I will never need or want. But, after I read this thread oh my Lord. Buyer beware! Good luck to you O/P. [I have two HP computers I ordered [recently] them from the source they did not ship from china.]

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I would never order a computer from QVC usually they are older models with software I will never need or want. But, after I read this thread oh my Lord. Buyer beware! Good luck to you O/P. [I have two HP computers I ordered [recently] them from the source they did not ship from china.]

Exactly, I would never buy a computer from QVC because it is loaded with software I will never use.  I can buy from Dell directly with a discount for working at a university.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Exactly, I would never buy a computer from QVC because it is loaded with software I will never use.  I can buy from Dell directly with a discount for working at a university.

Good for you but, I would never buy another Dell again. They have gone"global" and the CS is a nightmare to deal with on so many levels  I can not to begin to tell you all of them here.Woman Frustrated