Honored Contributor

Re: HP LAPTOP SPECIAL FROM JULY 5

Another feeble attempt to hype up posters about China.  It's fairly transparent, unless you've never, ever purchased any electronics in your entire life.  

Honored Contributor

In my mind DECEITFUL would be if they had said they were made in the US, but they were not, they were made in China.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Another feeble attempt to hype up posters about China.  It's fairly transparent, unless you've never, ever purchased any electronics in your entire life.  

If the Fed Ex email that my daughter received said HP she would have known what HP is but it said something like Intetec and Chongqing China which didn't register to me either..You don't want to sign for something from anyone or anywhere if you don't know what it is.

Why couldn't the vendor say you will be getting it directly from the factory "HOT OFF THE CONYER BELT" then I would know it is coming from somewhere in Asia.

Years ago got my HP desktop  from the Q and it was shipped from Houston TX. Guess.mine was stored in a warehouse till I ordered it.

Lately hear some host and vendors STRESSING MADE IN AMERICA

Just was hoping to surprise her with a box that would have said HP  she would had gladly thanked me right on the phone and I would have never started this hope you can  all understand.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi NY  Bless your heart❤  I've reread your first post several times, and can now tell that you are REALLY fearful of your daughter receiving this well intended gift. I agree with BlueFinch regarding the likelihood of her catching the virus, and hope this helps put your mind at ease.😊🤞 

I've never refused receipt of a package before, and hope this works out well, so that you don't experience any issues with the return.🤞 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY 

I wouldn't worry about Covid-19.  By the time it gets to your daughter, the virus would be dead.  

If she still feels uncomfortable, tell her to let the box sit a few days before opening it.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

👆

Contributor

I bought the computer and all is well.....EXCEPT....I did NOT receive the software package it was supposed to come with. IT was an entire suite of offers. They've shipped it twice and still don't have it. Anybody else having this problem?

I've called customer service twice and chatted with a few agents and they can't seem to help me. Good grief. QVC....you can do better than this

Occasional Contributor

Matelyn, I have not received the software package either!!  Customer service has been of no help. They sent it out twice, once on 7/31 and again on 8/7 and they keep saying I should have it in a few days.  What I really need to know from you is:  Can I still use the computer without the vouchers?  It is still in the box and thought I couldn't start using it until I had some kind of code from the software package!  I can't remember what the host said. I must return it (and I really don't want to) if I can't use it with out the vouchers.  My 30 day window to return it is up on August 19th.  So please let me know if I can use it without the Voucher package (I'm not very computer savvy).  Thank you in advance for your help!

Respected Contributor

Yes you can set it up without the package. The computer will talk you through. Not sure what is in the packet. I was wondering if we still have 30 days to try it, so that means we can mail it back 31 days after receiving, or it has to be post marked within 30 days of getting it? Anyway, go set it up. Hope you have someone to help, I can never do it though it's supposed to be easy.

Respected Contributor

I ordered an HP several years ago and never got the pkg either. I called the help number anyway, I didn't know what to do since Qvc wasn't any help, they had mentioned if we needed to call for help it would be someone in the States. It wasn't and I couldn't understand a word she said. She was also not friendly.

I sent the laptop back esp since I didn't get the rest of it.