HP 17" Laptop TSV 3/20

[ Edited ]

Today's Special Value - Sunday, March 20, 2022

E-241878 HP 17" Laptop Intel i5 8GB 256GB SSD Windows 11 & MS365 Option

E-241880 256GB SSD w/MS365 Windows 11 TSV Price: $749.98

E-241879 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 TSV Price: $699.98

Choice of: Rose Gold, Jade, Jasmine or Silver

Honored Contributor

Fortunately, aside from Leah's show, I don't watch the Q on the weekends.

They'll be yammering on about this thing all day Sunday.

(As always, thank you for the info though. Woman Happy)

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Fortunately, aside from Leah's show, I don't watch the Q on the weekends.

They'll be yammering on about this thing all day Sunday.

(As always, thank you for the info though. Woman Happy)

Ain't that the truth.

Respected Contributor

Considering this and hope someone chimes in to give some input. I didn't want a laptop, but do need a new computer. It's difficult to know if it's a good deal since they don't really give a model number to help in comparison.

Honored Contributor

"Black" is shown but it's not listed as one of the available colors.  Smiley Sad

Is this "old technology?"  That's always been the caveat when buying electronics from Q.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Considering this and hope someone chimes in to give some input. I didn't want a laptop, but do need a new computer. It's difficult to know if it's a good deal since they don't really give a model number to help in comparison.

Most likely it is a Q-only configuration so you can't compare it with anything.  Additionally, they usually offer a bunch of junk to go with it to further complicate any comparison you may try to make.

Frequent Contributor
@Carolina925 I've been looking for a new laptop for a year, and I think I may get this one. I agree, it's hard to compare. There's a very similar HP on Sam's Club's site for $549. The major difference for me is that it doesn't have a DVD drive. Most new laptops don't which is why I'm leaning toward this one.

I've found the 17 inch to be a good desktop replacement for me, but it depends on how you use your computer.
Frequent Contributor
@ValuSkr, I watched Rick's very loud presentation last night, but never saw a black option. There were four colors last night, but the jade color has already sold out.

Trusted Contributor

What happens when the MS365 runs out in a year?   Are you automatically renewed at a high price?   Do you have to go out and get it somewhere?

Only has 30 day trial of anti-virus.   Then you have to go get your own.  Makes it even more expensive.

Can the DVD optical drive burn CD's?  

They go over the same speech, but never answer these questions.

I know i5 Core is better than the usual i3 Core they sell with HP, but again, is this a good model?

Yikes... all they keep saying is 2000 left... I want to know how it works.

Regular Contributor
Does it have a back lit keyboard?
Is the memory expandable?
I too , need a laptop. I want the right one.