Contributor

HAPPY DANCE! Unhappy customer!!

Was looking forward to Valerie Bertinelli's cookbook presentation on Sunday. However she didn't have the chance to finish showing all the dishes on the display table because of David's silly happy dances and even sillier yum yum face.  Why does he have to stuff his face with every item of food? Let the real cook describe the dish. Come on!!! That schtick is getting stale. Grow up!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY DANCE! Unhappy customer!!

The name of the show is In The Kitchen With David, that's why.

Not that I disagree, I have just come to accept this as the norm.

@Rugermama wrote:

Was looking forward to Valerie Bertinelli's cookbook presentation on Sunday. However she didn't have the chance to finish showing all the dishes on the display table because of David's silly happy dances and even sillier yum yum face.  Why does he have to stuff his face with every item of food? Let the real cook describe the dish. Come on!!! That schtick is getting stale. Grow up!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It sells. If it didn't, they wouldn't keep it up. I never mind the happy dance. In fact, I tell my husband when I can predict it comig. They never show everything on the table. 

Honored Contributor

@Rugermama  How about finding something else to do Sunday mornings.  Some of us love David and think he's the best thing on QVC.  Since you obviously disagree, find something to occupy your time.  Not everything's for everybody.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Love David.  Maybe the only one of the hosts I occasionally tune in to watch for a few minutes just because he's hosting -  doesn't always matter what he's trying to sell. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

It sells. If it didn't, they wouldn't keep it up. I never mind the happy dance. In fact, I tell my husband when I can predict it comig. They never show everything on the table. 

That's right - They don't show and talk about everything on the table.  It's there for visual effect.  Even infomercials don't discuss every item that's out there.

ITKWD is the only QVC show I watch.  I don't love the happy dance, but I don't mind it either.  It's part of David, and part of the lighthearted tone.  I realize his show is not for everyone, but this is what it is.  One of the things I like about David is that he mixes it up - There's a sense of fun, but he's very good at describing items and remembering why he's there.  Other hosts gets completely off-track with chatting and screeching, forget to give even basic info re what they're selling.  David always strikes a nice balance, and never forgets that he's there to entertain and inform.

Super Contributor

I set me DVR so I don't miss David in the kitchen.   He does a great job.  Woman Very Happy   

Respected Contributor

@Rugermama wrote:

Oh like Valerie is a real cook.  She's a TV personality that put some recipies together and made a cookbook.  Like all the other "cooks" that bring their cookbook to QVC, there is never enough time to show ALL the dishes on the display. 

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Rugermama wrote:

Oh like Valerie is a real cook.  She's a TV personality that put some recipies together and made a cookbook.  Like all the other "cooks" that bring their cookbook to QVC, there is never enough time to show ALL the dishes on the display. 

Ummm, she has a show on the Food Network, and she really cooks on it.

Super Contributor

Yes, she does have a show on Food Network and seems quite knowledgeable