Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for this post and the comments. I didn't think I'd be interested when I saw it on the Home page, but after reading your comments and looking at the video, I realized this can be something we can use for hubby's portable oxygen if we lose electricity - at least for awhile. I think the voltage falls within the requirements. We lost electricity this summer for 3 hours and it was a worry with the oxygen. I always worry about losing power with a winter ice storm here in the midwest and needing temporary access to his oxygen unit. This will be a great Christmas gift.

Regular Contributor

YESSSS & YAY! I can honestly say that Halo is the BEST! Saved my husband with his dead battery in his pickup truck, my girls in college, myself/family in an power outage of so many lately! Bought 3 today and I always wait for these to come up has a TSV this time of year! HeartWoman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Thanks for this post and the comments. I didn't think I'd be interested when I saw it on the Home page, but after reading your comments and looking at the video, I realized this can be something we can use for hubby's portable oxygen if we lose electricity - at least for awhile. I think the voltage falls within the requirements. We lost electricity this summer for 3 hours and it was a worry with the oxygen. I always worry about losing power with a winter ice storm here in the midwest and needing temporary access to his oxygen unit. This will be a great Christmas gift.

@jannabelle1 ..... ever think about getting a generator that will kick in when the electricity goes out ?

Super Contributor

I bought mine last year, charged it, kept it in my trunk for 8 months.  A guy at work needed a jump.  I remember I had put this in my trunk, so I got it out, and was shocked it was still fully charged!  Read the directions on the front of the bag, and viola! It started!  At first, I hit the wrong button and it would not work.  I hit the ON button, instead of the JUMP button.  I had to stare at the diagram for a few, to figure out what I was doing wrong.  The buttons are right next to each other, and not really marked on the device.  I love it, it's easy, makes me feel secure, being a woman on the road, and the stuff you can charge with it is a ;plus!

Esteemed Contributor

@January121, yes, we've definitely talked about a gnerator. Sadly, we had a large one about 10 years ago and my hubby ended up selling it (for some reason). Of course now we know he should have kept it....until we finally do get another one, at least I'll have some peace of mind for a temporary situation.

Super Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I’m tempted to order this, but I haven’t seen an entire presentation yet.

Can this start a dead battery on an 8 cylinder car or truck?

Yes! It started my son-in-law's Ford F350 (his work truck) with no problem. I have the floral one from last year. When I brought it out to start his car he looked at me like I was crazy. When his truck started he fell in love with it. He offered to buy it from me. I showed him the QVC app and at the time it still had the last year's model. It was more money and the shipping wasn't free. He would have paid anything at that point. He got the wood grain - not the floral.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor
The item must not have sold very well. QVC has extended the TSV price through Monday. I've never seen this before. Maybe the market is saturated for these types of devices and sales were undetwhelming.
Honored Contributor

i purchased two......one for me, one for my daughter for her birthday.

i am seriously considering two more for my two other kids.

looks like a nice product to have around for power outages also.

i have other halo items and they really are a top quality brand that is reliable.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Reever. They seem to be doing that a lot these days (holding over the TSV).  The last I heard with the Halo Bolt was 110,000 sold....and that was late afternoon/early evening on Saturday.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
The item must not have sold very well. QVC has extended the TSV price through Monday. I've never seen this before. Maybe the market is saturated for these types of devices and sales were undetwhelming.

@Reever don't know if you have noticed but QVC has been extending the TSV's for a while now (maybe they will continue through the holiday season). The Halo Bolt sold very well. The Kitchenaid TSV from yesterday is also at the same prive and check back tomorrow and you'll see Isaac's TSV exteneded. It has nothing to do with how good/bad the item sold.