Honored Contributor

Re: Gundry MD Today's Special

Have you checked out the ingredients.  Looks like more "extracts" than actual fruit ingredients.  It's my firm belief that these products are a joke.  No one needs ALL that fruit and real food is a better choice any day.

Honored Contributor

The only good reviews are imported from his website where negative reviews are more likely to be suppressed. 
Like those green gummies they were selling the other day, I wouldn't put much stock in their claims. 

Super Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

The only good reviews are imported from his website where negative reviews are more likely to be suppressed. 
Like those green gummies they were selling the other day, I wouldn't put much stock in their claims. 

@GenXmuse 100% agree, on both points! A big no-no for me when the Q pulls the sales gimmick / ploy of using reviews from other sites, particularly reviews from the website of the product. Don't put much weight into it. 

Contributor

I would go online, if I were you, and read the reviews on this guy. Me, personally, I wouldn't  spend my money or take anything of his. 

Contributor

bring back Andrew Lessman and his vitamins. They are the most creditable. He educates you on the vitamins to buy even if they are not his vitamins.
Respected Contributor

Another ridiculous gimmick!  He must know the 8 GREENS lady LOL!!!   I will eat whatever foods I like (in moderation of coarse)  and enjoy actually preparing and eating good healthy food.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Have you checked out the ingredients.  Looks like more "extracts" than actual fruit ingredients.  It's my firm belief that these products are a joke.  No one needs ALL that fruit and real food is a better choice any day.

Fruit extracts are used in some medicinal preparations and many are used for treating health conditions. Extracts contain concentrated elements from plants, including their fruits and veggies.

https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-drug/def/fruit-and-vegetable-extract

The NIH has also published numerous articles about fruit extracts, too many to post here.

Some drugs are made from plant/fruit extracts also. Extracts are an important part of health and well-being.

I'm not promoting Gundry's product but just saying that extracts are used in many of the fruit/veggie powder supplements. That's how they can put so many nutrients inside such a small package. Extracts are more than just dried fruit/veggie powder and the process to make the extract from that powder makes the extracts costly.

Respected Contributor

GIM

MICK.

Eat REAL food.

That YOU prepare. 

Stop falling for GIMMICKS.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

Agree 100%.

The physical acts of :

Buying and preparing and enjoying one's own food....

Reading a REAL newspaper ( multi sectioned, like the NY Times) on the porch on a summer Sunday..

Hanging and taking in laundry hung on the line in the sun...

Even shovelling snow on a  dazzling clear, cold, blue sky day...

Enjoy the senses while you can...and SLOW DOWN. Rushing and "saving time" are over rated!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@bargainsgirl 

Agree 100%.

The physical acts of :

Buying and preparing and enjoying one's own food....

Reading a REAL newspaper ( multi sectioned, like the NY Times) on the porch on a summer Sunday..

Hanging and taking in laundry hung on the line in the sun...

Even shovelling snow on a  dazzling clear, cold, blue sky day...

Enjoy the senses while you can...and SLOW DOWN. Rushing and "saving time" are over rated!

I totally agree with you!!  Many shortcuts to make life simpler have actually made it more complicated and less satisfying.