Respected Contributor

6_09_TSV.png

12 or 24 

Regular Contributor

Re: Greenhead Lobster TSV 6/9

This seems overpriced for a TSV. I went to their website and you can have larger tails shipped directly cheaper for less per pound, even with shipping fees. The butter isn't really worth that much extra.

Trusted Contributor

I love lobster....but not that much!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm watching Gourmet Holiday with Mary Beth Roe and Mary DeAngelis in the 2:00pm hour.  If they cannot figure out how to fix the lobster vendor's audio I'm out!  Everything she says is a garbled mess.  This is ridiculous to keep this up.  Just let the hosts handle it until the vendor's Skype can work correctly. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper , that's exactly what I've been thinking all day long! If they're selling lobster for that much, at least get it worked out in advance where we can hear the vendor.  Don't know what the issue is, but am very glad none of the other remotes have been this bad.

Respected Contributor

I admit I am a lobster snob because I will ONLY eat it FRESH when we go to MA, ME. or NH.  These prices are outrageous.  We have gotton whole lobsters from the pounds in small towns to take back to our rental anywhere from $18-25 for 4 whole lobsters!!  I just cannot imagine paying these prices.  I do realize people are not able to travel to New England but there must be a better way to spend their money.  Just my opinion.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Ridiculous and too expensive. No thank you!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I wouldn't buy it due to the price. 

But I read there is a lobster shortage and the prices have skyrocketed, so I guess not surprised at those prices. 

Respected Contributor

The price? Yikes! Not even remotely interested, and I love lobster.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I admit I am a lobster snob because I will ONLY eat it FRESH when we go to MA, ME. or NH.  These prices are outrageous.  We have gotton whole lobsters from the pounds in small towns to take back to our rental anywhere from $18-25 for 4 whole lobsters!!  I just cannot imagine paying these prices.  I do realize people are not able to travel to New England but there must be a better way to spend their money.  Just my opinion.

@bargainsgirl Yes, I've been to Maine and was very shocked at what you all pay for lobsters.

However, by the time they get a plane ticket and special handling to Oklahoma they cost a WHOLE lot more.  It's a treat here, and worth every penny if you love lobster, if the quality is there and you can afford it.  

Nope, no better way to spend money if you want one. And I will bet you pay a lot more than I do for top quality beef--and I'm not talking Omaha Steaks or other places like that.  I'm talking about what's running around a half mile from my house.