Esteemed Contributor

Re: Greenhead Lobster TSV 12/1

Inlove seafood & lobster but I'm not paying that price.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I get them, same weight at Wegmans for a fraction of the cost, shame on you, Q !!!

Are Wegmans' lobsters from Maine?  The Greenhead product rep said Maine lobsters are nothing like those sold elsewhere.

Yes, Wegmans are from Maine and sell for $12 each. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Shelbelle .  At that price, I should treat myself at Wegmans.  Is it possible Greenhead's price is so high ($24 - $28 each) because the meat slides right out of the shell, no work required?

Super Contributor

absolutely right... They are boiled alive and yes you can hear them scream.

I  havent eaten lobster in years.... Also I don't eat meat.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a bit of information for those that think Lobsters scream when being boiled. No, they do not.  Lobsters do not have vocal cords, they can not scream. Nor do they have a brain as we think of it.  They do have ganglia.  Whether or not they feel pain depends on who you ask.  Animal rights/scientists say yes, Lobstermen/scientists say no.  Steaming is the best way to cook lobster imo.  Put a few inches of salted, cold water in a large pot. put in lobsters. Cover. Turn on the heat. The slow rise in temperature puts them in a "coma" and then they pass away.  Love lobster. Have been eating it, shrimp, crab, escargo since I was young.  Living here in Maine we can get fresh seafood right off the boat.  That is why I am so outraged at the price of lobsters from qvc.  There is not a good reason for their prices to be so high.  

Regular Contributor

Wrong word perhaps.
I know what I heard .
Honored Contributor

@peggyhbsl The high pitched sound made by an overheating lobster is caused by expanding air rushing out of small holes in lobsters' bodies, like a whistle being blown. A dead lobster will “scream” just as loudly as if it was living. Air rushes out of their shells creating the sound. 

Honored Contributor

@nooni @They can be boiled alive, but the sound is actually air rushing out of their shells. The sound is not coming from them yelling due to the agony they are in. This is not saying that they are not in pain, just that the sound that comes from them is not related to any pain they might be in.