Honored Contributor

Re: Goli Apple Cider Vinegar TSV 2/27

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The Goli vendor is saying take a total of 6 gummies every single day.  Two ACV in the AM, two in the afternoon, and two Ashwagandha in the evening.

Over time, that's a lot of added sugar, and calories.

60 cal/day of ACV + 25 cal/day of Ash = 85/day

2,550 extra calories per month

If a person eats processed food, which many people do, then that amount of sugar is not a whole lot compared to what's in most processed foods...seriously.

@ That can be said for anything -- but I'm not choosing to add one more thing cumulatively by chewing gummy candy, health benefits or not (and my aging dental work thank me).  To that point, for me, I get the benefits of ashwagandhi from herb chamomille and lavendar teas. Plus a 1-pill/day supplement that supplies most of what ACV offers.  My choice.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Ashwagandha is best to take in an organic herbal form via capsule, do research before downing a "gummie" - Remember when Flinstonoes were kids vitamins? Now they make everything into a gummie, there is no way I would take anything in Gummie form...

@SandGirl I did read up on it and it was suggested to use organic and to make sure there are not any fillers such as  titanium dioxide and artificial coloring.

Super Contributor

I have tried the Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies and here is my experience:

The taste was awful! I was gagging taking them and just threw a bottle away last week. 

You may want to try these when you are close to a bathroom!  I know how they may control weight for some as I was in that group!Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

Be aware that these gummies can cause issues if your doctor doesn't tell you they are ok. 

My sister took these and got real sick.   She had stomach trouble for weeks and it played havoc with her urinary and bladder.

I know they promote these by using J-Lo, as if you'll look like her if you take them so they must be good.

Make sure you get a clearance from a doctor before taking.

Like Andrew Lessman says, any vitamin or health supplement they put in a sugary gummie is covering up ingredients. 

Respected Contributor

It seems to very popular now, but Ashwagandha gave me insomnia - this is not common but can be a side effect in some users.   it has been added to Night Time (Lessman)  i could not sleep with his formulation change despite the doubling of Melatonin. 

Contributor

QVC Tv personalities are not medical professionals

Whenever I get my medication from a pharmacy/vitamins over the counter, there are a number of disclaimers and side effects and warnings documented for me to read to protect the consumer.

It is frightening all of the undocumented generalizations made on the few times I turned to QVC about the properties of GOLI. Nothing is 100%guaranteed safe for everyone.

I think there have been more alerts with the pastries and cookie dough than with this product.  It is one thing to talk loosely about magical skin care, but quite another

about something that is injested. Most telling was earlier when the host was getting ready to imply this was good for all ages, the dietician virtually yelled "ADULTS" several times.

People trust the hosts.  Earn their trust.

There you go.

Super Contributor

Pure Quackery and QVC is selling it. 

If you want to spend money for overpriced gummies that do absolutely nothing, go for it.  

Man has QVC gone down hill.

Honored Contributor

It may not taste so great, but adding a some Braggs AVC to a glass of water is inexpensive and beneficial.  Drink it with a straw to protect tooth enamel. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't want this TSV if it were given to me. Do you really know what this is doing to your body???? I will stick with Andrew Lessman who states these gummies are not of value for your health. IMHO, another money grab.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as the vinegar goes I think I'll just eat a (low sodium) pickle. At least I know what's good for me and I love a good pickle!