Super Contributor

Re: Going to bathroom should be fun. Susan Graver's TSV

I don't like rompers (no matter who makes it) because I don't like being essentially naked if I'm in a public bathroom stall.

My own hang up I guess.

I do like the vibrant colors of the TSV. Enjoy it if you buy it!

Trusted Contributor

On 7/3/2014 colliegirls said:

I feel the items with shorts underneath should be shorter. There is no reason to have shorts under a knee length (or close to it) item unless you live in Chicago (the windy city!).

Good point! I still wouldn't wear it.

One cup of coffee or nacho too many and disaster strikes.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 donovan said:

I don't like rompers (no matter who makes it) because I don't like being essentially naked if I'm in a public bathroom stall.

My own hang up I guess.

Not just you. I don't like completely undressing in public restrooms, either.

I remember jumpsuits. They stay in the closet because of the hassle.

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of the inconvenience of the jumpsuits we wore years ago!

The advantage of this one is that it's short and the liquid knit doesn't wrinkle. My favorite jumpsuit of the past was a blue cotton that had to be ironed. Well, it was my favorite look for the first hour after I put in on - later, not so great. This one would be so much better - too bad my old legs don't agree to be shown in public!

Super Contributor

I own several romper type outfits and love them, especially for traveling. Since I never use public restrooms (or for that matter bathrooms in other people's homes), it's never been an issue for me.

However, I DO travel often with others who can't seem to pass up a stop at every restroom along the way. Many years ago, I started making up 'restroom' packs for my companion travelers. First item going in each pack was a large trash bag (NOT the kind with drawstrings) with one side and the bottom cut to make a nice disposable 'floor cover' for the stall. I like the clear 33 gallon ones from Sam's, as they are thinner, and better suited to carry when space is an issue when flying. When driving, I prefer to pack the large green heavy duty ones, as they tend to lay flat on the floor with less of a problem. Makes it quite easy to remove whatever garment(s) you deem necessary. My DH found these quite handy, as did other male friends who wear jeans. (Ladies, sometimes men have to sit).

I used to cut 30 bags at a time, and kept these folded up into small ZipLoc bags in the car along with 30 folded paper seat covers in each small bag. (DH used to keep a folded seat cover in his wallet when he carried one).

When making a restroom stop, put one of the bags and a seat cover into the restroom pack. Also in the pack - partial roll of bath tissue, squashed flat (I'm told that often the tissue in restrooms is either non-existant, difficult to get off the roll or fells like the pages from a catalog), flushable wet wipes, liquid dish soap (very concentrated, and handy when the soap at the sink is non-existant. Entire pack fits inside a purse. Also in the pack a spare pare of undies - mens microfiber boxer briefs work great, as they can be used by either a guy or gal if necessary.

We traveled extensively all over the world. From what friends and DH tell me, US restrooms are the messiest. Japanese street ones the cleanest and most sanitary. In some places, you have to be an acrobat with very good knees to use the ones that are 4 inches above the floor.

Respected Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Deadeye Daisy said:

I own several romper type outfits and love them, especially for traveling. Since I never use public restrooms (or for that matter bathrooms in other people's homes), it's never been an issue for me.

However, I DO travel often with others who can't seem to pass up a stop at every restroom along the way. Many years ago, I started making up 'restroom' packs for mly companion travelers. First item going in each pack was a large trash bag (NOT the kind with drawstrings) with one side and the bottom cut to make a nice disposable 'floor cover' for the stall. Made it quite easy to remove whatever garment you deemed necessary. My DH found these quite handy, as did other male friends who wear jeans. (Ladies, sometimes men have to sit).

I used to cut 30 bags at a time, and kept these folded up into small ZipLoc bags in the car along with 30 folded paper seat covers in each small bag. (DH used to keep a folded seat cover in his wallet when he carried one).

When making a restroom stop, put one of the bags and a seat cover into the restroom pack. Also in the pack - partial roll of bath tissue, squashed flat, flushable wet wipes, liquid dish soap. Entire pack fits inside a purse. Also in the pack a spare pare of undies - mens microfiber boxer briefs work great, as they can be used by either a guy or gal if necessary.

We traveled extensively all over the world. From what friends and DH tell me, US restrooms are the messiest. Japanese street ones the cleanest. In some places, you have to be an acrobat to use the ones that are 4 inches above the floor.

This is a joke, right? You travel extensively and you never use public restrooms, or restrooms at other peoples homes?? LOL. And those bathroom kits, haha. As far as rompers of yore, I had a beach romper in terry years ago. But it had no skirt. That skirt will puddle. This is just a bad design.
Valued Contributor

However, I DO travel often with others who can't seem to pass up a stop at every restroom along the way. Many years ago, I started making up 'restroom' packs for my companion travelers. First item going in each pack was a large trash bag (NOT the kind with drawstrings) with one side and the bottom cut to make a nice disposable 'floor cover' for the stall. I like the clear 33 gallon ones from Sam's, as they are thinner, and better suited to carry when space is an issue when flying. When driving, I prefer to pack the large green heavy duty ones, as they tend to lay flat on the floor with less of a problem. Makes it quite easy to remove whatever garment(s) you deem necessary. My DH found these quite handy, as did other male friends who wear jeans. (Ladies, sometimes men have to sit).

When making a restroom stop, put one of the bags and a seat cover into the restroom pack. Also in the pack - partial roll of bath tissue, squashed flat (I'm told that often the tissue in restrooms is either non-existant, difficult to get off the roll or fells like the pages from a catalog), flushable wet wipes, liquid dish soap (very concentrated, and handy when the soap at the sink is non-existant. Entire pack fits inside a purse. Also in the pack a spare pare of undies - mens microfiber boxer briefs work great, as they can be used by either a guy or gal if necessary.

We traveled extensively all over the world. From what friends and DH tell me, US restrooms are the messiest. Japanese street ones the cleanest and most sanitary. In some places, you have to be an acrobat with very good knees to use the ones that are 4 inches above the floor.

What a great idea about the floor covering and cover! I will never touch the latch or door handle exiting the public restrooms. I use a paper towel to open the door. Thank goodness for the automatic faucets-no touching needed! Better to be safe than sorrySmile

When I went to Italy, there was a toilet built up on top of a stairs (inside a stall)! It was so funny! My friends and I laughed at that one for years. It was like a throne{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

If you only 'go' at home, you can't be traveling very far. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

In Susan's blog, she talks about wearing the romper at the beach. Have you been in some of those beach facilities? Sometimes they don't even have doors.

Valued Contributor

On 7/3/2014 ennui1 said:

If you only 'go' at home, you can't be traveling very far. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

In Susan's blog, she talks about wearing the romper at the beach. Have you been in some of those beach facilities? Sometimes they don't even have doors.

What beach? What country? The "beach facilities" by me, have marble floors. High tech EVERYTHING! They are actually nice! NO doors? I've never heard of such a thing....

Super Contributor

In the petite sizing, 2 colors in 3 sizes have sold out -- not even available on waitlist. Wonder if we'll have OTO..... hhhhmmmmm..... Hope so. Smiley Surprised)