Super Contributor

Re: Going to bathroom should be fun. Susan Graver's TSV

Don't take a diuretic that day!

Super Contributor

On 7/2/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 7/2/2014 Alsee said: Susan said rompers are all the rage. No adults wear rompers where i live. It looks cute but I just don't see it for women - it would be good in kiddie sizes maybe but I dont see the point. Wear a dress or wear shorts. I don't need both at the same time.
They are trying to spin it as something sort of athletic-like you can ride a bike in it. Um...I don't wear a dress when I ride my bike or work out.

Well you could go bike riding very easily in one of these but going to the bathroom would be problematic.

These were very popular in 1970. I had two very cute ones that I wore bicycle riding all the time. They were difficult to maneuver in the ladies room but not too bad IF you are in good shape and don't have any physical limitations.

Anyone over a size twelve would probably NOT be interested in wearing these bike riding or out in public as the bathroom would really be a problem in the larger sizes since odds are you're not in good shape and would have lots of difficulty unzipping it and then rezipping it.

Frequent Contributor

OMG! So glad I went to the community to check what everyone was saying about the TSV!! I never thought about the bathroom issue, but you are right. I was thinking of wearing it to a wedding in August. Yikes. Tried to cancel and hour and a half later, and they have a new thing that comes up about orders being processed quickly and my cancellation is therefore pending. That's new. Must be trying to do away with people cancelling. Hope I can cancel don't want to pay to send it back.

Respected Contributor

What was she thinking? No Thankyou.
Honored Contributor

I don't get this bathroom problem everyone is talking about. If you have pants or shorts you have to take these down to go to the bathroom too. They too drag on the floor especially pants made out of ANY fabric, and again especially is they're made out of flimsy fabrics like gauze, liquid knit etc.

People talk about bathroom breaks as if you have to strip totally in front of every other person in the bathroom - you all know this isn't true. Honestly, anything to bad mouth the designer - I just don't get it.

If you don't like it an d don't plan to buy it then stop with the bad comments and move along.

Super Contributor

Maybe she should have put snaps in the crotch.

Honored Contributor

On 7/3/2014 focksie said:

Maybe she should have put snaps in the crotch.

Like a onesie.

Honored Contributor

All you have to do is step out of it and hang it on the hook in a public restroom. Doesn't seem that difficult. Back in the '70's rompers and jumpsuits were big and I loved them. A little more difficult though when out for a night of drinking and fun like many of us did back them. Even then never came close to it going in the toilet.

Respected Contributor

On 7/3/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 7/3/2014 focksie said:

Maybe she should have put snaps in the crotch. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Like a onesie.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I like the idea of Velcro, that stuff is amazing! A flap that you just have to line up and adhere the Velcro. It could be color coordinated so you wouldn't even see it. Just a novel idea, maybe everyone should buy one and have it altered to it would be functional and don't forget practical.....................not!

Valued Contributor

On 7/3/2014 pink dogwood said:

I don't get this bathroom problem everyone is talking about. If you have pants or shorts you have to take these down to go to the bathroom too. They too drag on the floor especially pants made out of ANY fabric, and again especially is they're made out of flimsy fabrics like gauze, liquid knit etc.

People talk about bathroom breaks as if you have to strip totally in front of every other person in the bathroom - you all know this isn't true. Honestly, anything to bad mouth the designer - I just don't get it.

If you don't like it an d don't plan to buy it then stop with the bad comments and move along.

Exactly! Go to Nordstrom's/Macy's website and search romper dress---a ton of choices! I ordered 3, and I can't wait to get them. I will wear my chiffon scarfs around the waist as a sash. I have a lot of cute belts to wear with them. Enjoy yours!

Thank goodness I have figured out how to use a public restroom. Apparently, a lot of women struggle with this phenomenon{#emotions_dlg.laugh}