Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Has anyone used this? I'm a bit skeptical.

@DJP You should be, I bought it the last time it was a TSV and returned it. Now, I'm 30 years older than the woman who is selling the tool, so that may be why it didn't make much of a difference in my skin. JMO but, if you exfoliate your skin faithfully your products will sink into your skin anyway. I think older people who see a change in their skin using this tool want to see a difference, gravity is what causes nasal labial folds if I'm not mistaken.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. Think I will pass! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I  don't use the GP tool but I have been using other microneedle devices for several years.  The GP tool doesn't have long enough needles on it to pose a risk. It is designed to make tiny holes in the surface of the skin, far from any blood vessel, and in the process it loosens dead skin (exfoliation). By doing that the tool preps the skin so that your skin care products absorb better, making them more effective. Some redness may occur during and after use but that is temporary and is actually stimulating circulation beneath the surface. Good circulation in the skin is healthy skin. 

Contributor

The skin is our protective layer. Any puncture of the skin's surface, regardless of how seemingly minute, constitutes a 'security breach'. We are being cautioned NOT to touch our faces, so why would we voluntarily manipulate the face and intentionally puncture the facial skin with a tool that is not sterilized? It just seems so wrong at this juncture. Bactera/matter will end up on the head during use and/or storage of the device, regardless of spritzing it with alcohol. Seems far too risky during a pandemic !!!