Valued Contributor

'Lori Goldstein is one of the most desired/sought-after stylists in the country.....'

I beg to differ!!!

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

'Lori Goldstein is one of the most desired/sought-after stylists in the country.....'

I beg to differ!!!

Not saying she is or isn't but I looked up her background in fashion and she has quite and extensive background.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Give me a break!!!

[ Edited ]

At the peak of her stylist career Lori absolutely was one of the top, most desired and sought after stylists.

Since the advent of her clothing line I don't think she's focused on styling celebrities as a profession,  so it's mostly a question of verb tense:  Is.  Was.  Always Will Be.

The truth lies in the details. 

I am curious about who the OAP believes is currently the Number One Stylist in the country.   Should they care to share.

Honored Contributor

Who made that comment?  

The original post may be another instance of misrepresenting a statement to fit one's own purpose of disparaging something.  This time it's Logo/Lori Goldstein.

Courtney actually said Lori is a famed stylist before becoming a designer for QVC in 2009, styling for famed celebrities and magazines.  This is absolutely 100% correct.

Lori has styled Madonna, Micheal Jackson, Ray Charles, Sophia Loren, Ella Fitzgerald, Julia Roberts, and hundreds more.  She has styled magazine shoots collaborating with the top fashion photographers including Annie Leibovitz, Steven Meisel, and Richard Avedon. 

You may not like her own Logo designs, but that has nothing to do with the statement about her stylist credentials.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate/offensive to some who enjoy her line.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't care for her clothing or styles.  They basically all look the same to me; sharkbite points hanging or long layered pieces of material attached with some kind of lace or other non-descript trim.   The TSV, to me, looks like one of her elongated tops that was merely extended into a dress. 

Easy for me, I don't care for her styling or brand so I don't watch when she presents her line.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella   those are my feelings about her clothing  exactly.  Her TSV is a clear pass for me but apparently it's selling like hotcakes

Contributor

I look at the hem of the special value and all I see is ironing. Never cared for Logo line. Everything is all the same

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Lori sells like hotcakes.

One only need to review the financial statements of her employer, Xcel Brands, to see how much revenue she and Isaac bring to Xcel and Qurate.

Honored Contributor

I just read this- from one site (The Wall Group)

"Lori Goldstein is a New York-based stylist. Her A-list celebrity clientele includes Rihanna, Katy Perry, Dakota and Elle Fanning, Gwen Stefani, ..."

It showed some of the celebrities and her styling for them and they didn't look anything like her line on QVC.

I did try one of her tops once when it was on clearance or maybe a lunchtime special. The good was the color was pretty and unusual, a kind of lilac, pinkish purple. What I didn't like was it clung at the top but with no shape and then just hung with lots of material at the bottom. The material also seemed heavy and to me, hot. It was sleeveless.

It did shrink a little. I tried wearing it a few times but then donated it. I just didn't feel good in it.  It seems all her tops and this TSV dress are tight at the top with no seems and then drop into a lot of fabric at the bottom.

And since this is how I felt wearing and trying one, no one needs to feel insulted or bad at all that everyone doesn't like her designs.  And I won't feel insulted that someone likes her clothes. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"