Honored Contributor

Re: Gili hoodie tsv

[ Edited ]
  • I bought it in Ivory.  My BFF bought it in camel with the stars.  Obviously it was inspired by the Max Mara Teddy Bear coat that the celebrities wear.  It will be outerwear for us.  I can't see wearing it inside.  At such a low price, I can have some fashion fun with it.   

Respected Contributor

Maybe for around the house....sitting.  How would you ever get a seat belt around all the fluff?????  I am sure it is cozy and warm but I am also sure it is NOT a flattering look on anyone.  And that hood is gigantic!!!

Super Contributor

I don't see how you could lean back in a chair with all that huge fabric hood behind you. Might have considered if it was a shawl collar instead of a hood but only for around the house. I have enough warm, comfy lounge wear anyway so I will save money. 

Super Contributor

I doubt it's heavy (Sherpa usually isn't) but it definitely makes everyone look 50 lbs heavier.  Why is that popular?

Respected Contributor

My washing machine (which is a front loader and isn’t that old) has trouble with things like this - once it is wet it gets very heavy and then the washing machine gets off balance during the spin cycle and stops. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a cape last year with pockets, it goes around my shoulders and is made of material similar to this.  It is so comfy and convenient that I stopped to hear what the GILI lady was saying.  She said it is "the thing" and that if we don't think that it is stylish then "we are wrong".... meanwhile I looked at her and thought it really didn't look good on her, or anyone else I've seen it on, the smaller, the worse looking IMHO.  I wouldn't wear it outside and wearing it in the house looks way too bulky to do anything but drink tea.

Sorry, great price, but no sale for me.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gili hoodie tsv

[ Edited ]

Way too much fabric and too bulky!  I am sure it is warm and the fabric is soft.  But no one wearing this item - including the designer - looks great in it. Smaller bodies look buried and bigger bodies look massive!

I have never liked hoods because I always felt like I looked like a turtle!!  To my eye,  everyone wearing this hood  looks very turtilish!

Valued Contributor

Cut some arm holes in a Birkshire blanket, viola!  Same look. 

Valued Contributor
I heard they have sold over 70,000 of these things!! 😳 I like the ivory & the snow leopard but I agree, I havent seen a single person look good in it. its just too overwhelming.
Valued Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
I heard they have sold over 70,000 of these things!! 😳 I like the ivory & the snow leopard but I agree, I havent seen a single person look good in it. its just too overwhelming.

I just looked and not one color is sold out in any size. Checked both Petite and Regular. Sandra just said the item is on fire! Not a fan of this look.