Respected Contributor

They look so big on everyone. I wonder if sizing down would be better. 

Super Contributor

That's what I was thinking

@santorini wrote:

They look so big on everyone. I wonder if sizing down would be better. 

Trusted Contributor

This one looks very heavy and bulky. When Denim & Co had the sherpa TSV and then the next day Colleen had her version, I got one of each vendor and loved both of them.

I also started to notice that this style sherpa coat (or house coat) are EVERYWHERE! I see so many of them now, and you can really tell the very expensive ones from the normal people versions. The super expensive ones have a different kind of sherpa.

There is even a difference between the D&C and Colleen's, but both are nice.

This one, however, looks like it is huge and it makes the models look like polar bears. This one seems to be an outerwear item, not something to hang out in the house, or go out in.

All 3 of the TSV's have been in the same price category though. Since I already got black and brown from previous TSV's this one is a pass for me. I would be swimming in it.

I just find it interesting the sherpa coat just popped out in the stores all at once. The one thing I think will be a problem for me (and the 2 I bought) is that low quality sherpa looks very nice at first, but after time it begins to lose its sherpa look and the fibers start to roll into little balls and they look messy.

Super Contributor

IMO, this item is reasonably priced for GILI.  I usually don't even look at GILI TSVs as they are always priced in the high-end range.  That being said, I ordered this in the navy heather.  I love anything like this during the colder months.  I haven't stopped wearing my TSV Comfy since it arrived.  While the Comfy is more suitable for wearing around the house, the GILI TSV is something I would wear outdoors as well.  I actually love the big, oversized look.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gili hoodie tsv

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, and offense meant, but how would a jacket that gapes open keep me warm? No one thought to put a snap or a sash on it??  So silly.  No, not silly, cheaply made! They save money producing it! No thanks Jill. 

Occasional Contributor
I think they’re really cute- but prob too warm for me. Price is fair. Would belt it if I needed closure.
Occasional Contributor
One last thing- just saw you have to lay flat to dry. Nope, that’s a deal breaker for me. No time for that. Pass.
Honored Contributor

Gosh, I like it!

I'd wear it around the house, outdoors, maybe on chilly walks, etc.

Love hoods, and this one is substantial.

I have a few stretch belts and braided ties that will be handy.

I do think that optional matching stretchy  ties would have been a plus. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Gili hoodie tsv

[ Edited ]

I agree with others on a few issues with this TSV...

Too big/bulky...

After losing over 100 lbs, the last thing I want is to look like I'm carrying around all that weight again...LOL...NO!

I have a wonderful collection of Barefoot Dreams cardigans that fill all my comfy/cozy needs.

For those purchasing, enjoy! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm tempted but at a 2x, i'd look like polar bear.

I also think the oversized hood, would be bunched up, behind my head, when i was driving.