Contributor

Getting a Little Tired of Little Difference on TSV Prices

I have been noticing the difference betwen the TSV prices and the regular prices on TSV items.  I purchased the Fitnation Bike on TSV price 3 or 4 days ago, whenever it was and just so it for $199.    The TSV price was $185 Free S&H and it showed the QVC price at $222.  The $199 today still have free shipping and handling and the same flex pays.  If these TSV's are supposed to be such a great deal they should be discounted more than $15 and in most cases for clothes if you pay attention the difference is only $5.  What the h....... is going on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting a Little Tired of Little Difference on TSV Prices

@apptini You said it beautifully.  Not only that but the TSV's have not been very exciting.  It seems like the same old thing and yes, the prices are a little on the high side.  When will the Q realize that you get more bees with a little more honey.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@apptini You said it beautifully.  Not only that but the TSV's have not been very exciting.  It seems like the same old thing and yes, the prices are a little on the high side.  When will the Q realize that you get more bees with a little more honey.  

Yes, but all those COLORS!!

Just being sarcastic

I think Q thinks the exclusive colors make up for it

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree ... case in point:  the Northern Nights reversible sheet set TSV a couple of days ago ... $49.98.   Today the price is $54.98 ... a whopping $5.00 savings!

Honored Contributor

yes and not only that but I got those sheets a year or so ago and no matter how many times I wash them, they are not soft, even a little scratchy and irritating. The colors are pretty and the stretch on the elastic is good but thats about it! You can find much better sheets for a better price anywhere I think.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

it's been that way for quite some time now on most TSV's.  I never worry if I miss out on the day the TSV is presented, since the price doesn't typically go up by more than a few dollars.  Most times, I'd rather wait and see some reviews.

Honored Contributor

I think for me when I say I don't like the price of something, very often it's something I probably am looking for an excuse not to buy.  As I'm finally culling lots of clothes and jewelry and decorative items from my house, I realize much of what I'm getting rid of one way or another was something I bought on sale.  Sometimes those sale tags are still in place years later -  I could have saved the whole cost!

And that's how I try to deal with the TSV's.  If I really want it when it's offered, that's likely going to be the best price I'll get anywhere, although I do check unless it's a QVC brand, and I might as well have the dollars whatever they are in my pocket.

But most of the money I'm saving is coming from buying fewer things -  here and everywhere else.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have noticed this trend also and now hesitate to purchase on the TSV day and instead wait for the reviews to come in.  Of course if it is something I really want and have a color preference I do order on the TSV day.  Sometimes the easy pay goes away.  

Valued Contributor

The TSV often amounts to a few dollars. There is almost always a featured price that comes after the TSV price.  It is a small discount not a big sale. 

Contributor

The powers to be should really look at this subject because I truly believe they are loosing sales by such a low discount on the TSV.  I, myself remember the "good old days" when I never missed seeing the TSV because of the better price.  No longer..