Valued Contributor

This seems similar to using a pan on your stove top or the very familiar tabletop Foreman that cooks top and bottom at the same time because the lid heats up.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

If you like his counter top grills, this does the same thing.  I love his grills but don't have the need for this big one.  You're exactly right, it's just like his counter top grills, you get the grill marks and it cooks quickly but it doesn't have that "barbeque" flavor of being over a flame.  Of course you can add that smokey flavor from a bottle by applying it to the meat.... but that's the difference IMHO.... I think it's a great product by the way... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I agree -- they keep saying it gives the taste as if you grilled it on a grill outside.  How can it?  It's not much different that the GF grill I use several times a week.  Where does the "magic" grilled taste come from? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I had what might have been the original version of this indoor/outdoor grill.  The next "version" had a temperature gauge in the lid.  I guess this is the one after that.

The thing was unwieldy when it came to cleaning.  Almost too big to handle.  I used it twice, I think. 

It did a good enough job cooking.  Just cleaning...very difficult because of the size.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Ive never understood the point of these outside grills.   They cook exactly the same as the one you use inside so what's the point of hauling everything out to the patio?   Just another gimmick to make some sales. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

They keep saying that you can use this inside the kitchen on the countertop ... I keep looking at the on air presentations & boy oh boy there is quite a bit of smoke coming off that grill ... I would not want all that smoke in the kitchen along with all that grease splattering around!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't see the point of having that type grill outside either.  I'd love to have that grill without the pedestal and just use it on the counter.  Great for cooking with leftovers in mind.  I placed an order around midnight but cancelled an hour later.  

This grill is on Amazon for $79 Prime without the cook booklet and cover.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor
You can grab the recipes under the product at QVC.com.
Honored Contributor

This morning, I decided to order this from Amazon.  It was $79 plus tax.  Total price $84 and will receive it this Saturday.  Total price here would have been $96 with tax.  I doubt if I'll use it on the stand.  I want it for counter use.  I like the size of the cooking surface and the domed lid.  No cover or booklet but, so what.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I have a regular George Foreman grill that I haven't used since the week I got it 5-6 years ago.   With all these new gadgets there are just too many options for cooking.   I rarely eat beef and usually go for a casserole with chicken.   That doesn't work well on a grill. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment