Respected Contributor

Generation Gems TSV ring for Gem Day

[ Edited ]

Who's getting it? I'm not. These are soft stones. Very pretty but a big domed stone is going to get banged around. Wonder what they will look like after an accidental whack on the car door or whatever. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

Re: Generation Gems TSV ring for Gem Day

Hello DejaVu, 

I like the azurite and the turqoise, but after Rick showed the differences in the natural stones I'm shying away for now.. I like the green turqs always have.               

I'm fairly picky and don't want to get one I'm not happy with. 

How about you ?

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

I love that rhodochrosite. Such a pretty pink. But like you said, lots of variables. I will be interested in the reviews.   How did we get the same user name?? 😬 

oh hey they are showing matching earrings. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I am getting 2. I have an extensive collection of turquoise jewelry and love the variations in the stones. I purchased the #8 turquoise and the white buffalo. Like the simple setting and large stones. I have several pieces of generation gems including a big ring and earrings.  All items I received are good quality. Also have a white buffalo pendant and chaco canyon long earrings.  I have 2 pieces with old #8 turquoise and there is variation in all the stones.  I can return the item if I don't like the stone and I am ok with that. Buying any item without seeing it in person is hard.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Who's getting it? I'm not. These are soft stones. Very pretty but a big domed stone is going to get banged around. Wonder what they will look like after an accidental whack on the car door or whatever. 

I don't find them at all interesting or desirable.  But that's me.

Esteemed Contributor

I know these offerings are considered gemstones....but for a jewelry day i would have loved to seen some REASONABLY priced sparkling gems,  diamonds, sapphires, rubies, etc  blue topaz, garnets ....beautfiul faceted pieces and "fine" ...not huge bulky peices as not to have huge prices..not from the "vault"............of course they would be more expensive then years back.....but the don't have to be overpriced either..............not crazy about the "stones" look or those cheaper type stones......but those who love them...enjoy!!

Respected Contributor

Although I think that the pink stone is beautiful, it's a pass for me. I don't wear white metals, and it's just not my style. 

For those who love and purchase it - enjoy!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

I did't get the ring, nor am I buying anything today. I did enjoy listening to the guest speak though.  It was very interesting and I will be going to their website to learn more.

I don't buy jewelry (well I might if I saw something I couldn't live without) but I do enjoy watching the shows so therefore I will be watching in and out today.

Respected Contributor

I don't shop at QVC anymore but I still browse once in awhile. I have to admit, when I opened the page and saw the rings I was immediately intrigued. If I order one, I want the one that looks like planet Earth. Why is that not a choice in the order box? Is it sold out already? If anyone can tell me tia

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I don't shop at QVC anymore but I still browse once in awhile. I have to admit, when I opened the page and saw the rings I was immediately intrigued. If I order one, I want the one that looks like planet Earth. Why is that not a choice in the order box? Is it sold out already? If anyone can tell me tia

@Ladybug724, I think the one you are asking about is the Azurite and it is still available.  It looks very, very different in the live presentations than it does in the still shot.  That is the chance you take though when you buy these natural gemstones.  You don't know exactly what your stone will look like.