Esteemed Contributor

I probably won't order right now but does anyone use this and how do they like it?  The reviews were mostly good. 

Honored Contributor

I bought one for my friend.  It seemed perfect for her.  She walks our neighborhood  2X's a day, won't register anything on the internet, so I thought she could just look down at it and see what she[s done.

Honored Contributor

Re: Garmin Vivo

[ Edited ]

I received one for an early Christmas gift.  I like that the display shows the actual number of steps.  I also have a fitbit flex.  I like the fit of the flex better.  I don't like that you get a dot for a number of steps.  I find the Garmin oversized and clunky.  I set it up online, but haven't gone online to look at it.  My sister got it at BJs club for $49.

If the fitbit displayed the actual steps, that would be the winner.  Since the actual number of steps is important to me, I'm wearing the Garmin.

Respected Contributor
Not for me, but it looks nice for those interested in these devices. The no-charge feature and not having to synch it to a PC or phone is great. And the online reviews are above-average, too. BUT, the sizing seems odd. Small or large? And I think there's a reason why these weren't shown on models.

What worries you masters you.
Contributor

I so agree on the sizing....I've changed my order several times, depending on what the hosts said....I'm kind of inbetween.....I opted for the large...guess I can return it or exchange it (if they have any in stock)....I made a lot of calls today. Read everything I could read, and I'm still confused on the size. Why couldn't one of the female hosts (Kersten, Mary Beth etc) say what size they had on? Maybe measure their own wrist on air and then tell us what size they wear.....good grief

Contributor

I ordered one...I got the large because I figured you can make the large smaller, but, you can't make the small larger....I really like that you don't have to charge it.  It is a bit clunkier looking than I would like....but...I'm sure I will love it.

I ordered it. I've had a Fitbit Flex since last Christmas and it has really helped me be more active. I like a lot of things about the Fitbit but had to replace my unit after 9 months when it stopped holding a charge. Now the one I bought last summer (for $100) is doing the same thing. I'm thing the Garmin and hoping for better luck!

Occasional Contributor

I have it. I bought it in July when it was the TSV. I have not taken it off. I really like the clasp compared to the fitbit. I went through 2 of those in about 8 months. They just stopped taking a charge. I have a small wrist. I can wear a 6 3/4' bracelet. I hav it clasped at the fourth rung with plenty to spare. I ordered another ne today as a gift. Hope that helps!

Regular Contributor

I'm not familiar with Garmin Vivo but I've had two Garmin Forerunner GPS watches years ago and they were absolutely the best. 

I wanted to comment on a presentation that I happened to tune in yesterday afternoon. A caller asked the hosts, Dan Wheeler and Melissa Dawson (? spelling) about what size would be correct and that she is sz 7.5. Suprisingly, neither one of them knew the answer whether she should get a size small or size large. I have to say that Dan looked a bit embarrassed and said that he would find the answer but Melissa looked very defensive/annoyed and said that she wasn't sure because she wasn't a jeweler. Granted, this wasn't per verbatim, per se, but, yup, that's what she said. Then, I think they try to defer the caller back to the customer service (the rep who took her order) and the called said that she asked them and they didn't know. I thought Dan was great because he did get the answer and the subsequent presentations when Mary Beth presented it she made sure to state that if you were a size 7 and under you are a small and size large if you wear a bracelet over size 7. 

This is one of the very basic that the presenter should know: the size, very basic. And this was around 2-ish in the afternoon so more than halfway mark of TSV.