Respected Contributor

Proportions are wrong- it looked poorly on Kourtney, Q always says ...."and it's not too big/long fpr petites" when it is. Yet they always accomomdate plus sizes.

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI cape-not for petites

This cape thing isn't new either. They've had this item on in the past but not as a tsv. Not attractive.

Regular Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Proportions are wrong- it looked poorly on Kourtney, Q always says ...."and it's not too big/long fpr petites" when it is. Yet they always accomomdate plus sizes.

I'm currently watching the pre-recorded show of the TSV presentation and I think Talia (I think that's her name - she's 5'2-1/2) looks nice but that's because the cape size she's wearing fits her or maybe she ordered a size down? On Kourtney, not so much because the size looks too big/long and she cannot size down any further. 

I think Talia, the petite model, always looks nice in the clothing she models compared to Rachel, who's also a petite model (5'3) but when she wears the smallest size available, it still looks a bit too big/out of proportion.

Esteemed Contributor

The fabric and cable knits are way to heavy, they add to much bulk to the piece.  Also the mock neck does not look right.

It's not for average or large sizes either.

Respected Contributor

IMO it just looks sloppy.  It fits in; so many of the more recent lines of clothing on QVC look sloppy.  I know people dress more casually now, but it seems like the "pajamas look 24/7" is what we have.  I would never buy or use this TSV  I would never gift it either, so no, I won't be buying one for my BFF, my sister, my mother, my daughter, my MIL, my SIL, my mail person, my neighbor, my favorite hairdresser...

Honored Contributor

I don't care for it for myself but I saw them run a pre-recorded tape of Amy modeling it and I thought it looked nice on her.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

And don't forget the Obi belt.  LOL.  When I saw that QVC was featuring an over-sized cape that was fastened at the waist with the Obi belt, I had to chuckle and wonder when if ever they will give up on that belt.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't care for it for myself but I saw them run a pre-recorded tape of Amy modeling it and I thought it looked nice on her.

She always wears high heels which gives her height. If she wore flats, it would not work on her petite frame. I can never make my decisions based on how Amy looks in a garment.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Though I liked the look of the fabric, the neckline looked like it was chocking everyone!!  Just too high and too close to the neck!!  I also did not like so many buttons on the item.  One of two maybe and in the color of the fabric, but it looked too 'school band director' to me.....all they needed was the models marching thru the set waving a baton!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a very nice cape (no neck or buttons) style like TSV today in Kohl's.  It was $54 on sale for $25 and 30% off!  It's perfect for taking up north this week with the cool crisp Fall weather!  Perfect to wrap up and be cozy!